EverDriven Technologies, a provider of technology-enabled alternative student transportation for school districts nationwide, announced a new alliance with School Bus Logistics (SBL) to provide a comprehensive suite of logistics and routing services to schools and districts.
Forging a Beneficial Alliance for School Transportation
Together, SBL and EverDriven will analyze and optimize routes for busing and small capacity vehicles, which could enable all drivers and vehicles to be used as efficiently as possible and ultimately minimize the impact of the ongoing school bus driver shortage. With this alliance, school districts will be able to tap into the EverDriven and SBL suite of service offerings, including route optimization, daily route planning, fleet analysis, bell-time studies, and boundary analysis, to help them improve their overall routing operations.
“As part of our commitment to go above and beyond for our customers, we are taking a comprehensive approach to providing solutions that enable district leaders to optimize their routing and look into further efficiencies,” said Megan Carey, chief development officer at EverDriven. “Our district partners can now find new efficiencies for both their traditional yellow school buses and alternative transportation operations with the combination of EverDriven’s and SBL’s innovative services, while maintaining safety and efficiency for their kiddos.”
Addressing Pain Points on the Road Between Home and School
By working together, EverDriven and SBL will bring together all the ways students get to and from school which may help districts save funds by addressing top transportation pain points, including:
- Driver shortages: Using district data, SBL will optimize routes to find possible reductions in the number of drivers required.
- Reduced budgets: By continually evaluating bus and small capacity vehicle ridership changes, routes will be adjusted to make sure they remain efficient and cost effective.
- Out-of-date maps and boundaries: Working together, EverDriven and SBL can ensure maps and boundaries are updated on an as-needed basis to reflect any changes.
- Changes in Bell Times: From sleep studies to after-school athletics, EverDriven and SBL will identify and evaluate the transportation impact of any bell-time changes and will adjust transportation accordingly.
- Lack of Software Knowledge: Training is critical to keep routing and operations running smoothly. EverDriven and SBL provide customized training sessions online or on site to ensure transportation professionals know how to use alternative transportation and industry leading busing platforms as efficiently as possible.
"Our goal is to streamline and simplify clients’ routing needs in ways that reduce expenses and time, while delivering the quality services families and students need,” said Robert Jacobus, CEO and founder of School Bus Logistics. “We are thrilled to establish an alliance with the leader in alternative student transportation solutions and look forward to offering our suite of services to interested EverDriven partners.”