Registration has opened for this fall's 54th Annual Conference of the National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services (NASDPTS).
The event is open to current 2022 members of NASDPTS. It will be held Oct. 27-31 at the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City, about five miles from Reagan National Airport and two miles from the center of Washington, D.C.
According to a news release, holding the conference near Washington allows NASDPTS to meet in-person with federal partners who may remain under COVID-19 out-of-town travel restrictions.
Federal agencies invited to participate include:
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Education (USDOE)
The conference is expected to feature technology updates from industry suppliers, including electric buses, as well as best-practices training. Workshop topics range from the driver shortage to entry-level driver training (ELDT). The event also includes a two-hour Supplier Showcase.