December 13, 2021
Making Life Safer in the Danger Zone
School Bus Fleet’s Executive Editor Wes Platt interviews Engineering Manager for Thomas Built Buses, Ken Whisnant, about the technology they are developing to improve safety in the danger zone.
🛑 Stops along The Route include:
- How technology is decreasing injuries and deaths.
- How the new Saf-T-Zone pedestrian detection system from Thomas Built Buses works.
🤝 Follow and connect with SCHOOL BUS FLEET on social media:
- Connect with SBF on LinkedIn ➡️ https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/school-bus-fleet/
- Like SBF on Facebook ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/schoolbusfleet
- Follow SBF on Twitter ➡️https://twitter.com/SchoolBusFleet
🎧 Prefer to listen? Be sure to subscribe to the SCHOOL BUS FLEET podcast!
⏱ Timestamps ⏱
0:28 How Technology Is Decreasing Injuries and Deaths
2:34 How Ken Started at Thomas Built Buses
4:50 The Saf-T-Zone Pedestrian Detection System
8:19 Haptic Feedback for the Driver
9:07 Why Thomas Built Buses Developed Saf-T-Zone