One of the three convicted in the infamous 1976 school bus kidnapping in Chowchilla, Calif., will get out of prison this month, corrections officials said on Friday.

The Contra Costa Times cited an e-mailed statement from the California Department of Corrections, which said that the state Supreme Court decided to not review an appellate court’s ruling that granted Richard Schoenfeld immediate parole.

Schoenfeld, who was in his 20s at the time of the crime, had been scheduled for parole in 2021, but corrections officials said that they are now legally obligated to release him.

To read the full Contra Costa Times story, click here.

0 Comments