Stem, a provider of Al-driven clean energy solutions and services, has announced its partnership with lnCharge Energy, a fleet-electrification services provider, to equip businesses with a complete electric vehicle (EV) fleet infrastructure solution to maximize their charging assets.
The offering combines Athena, Stem's clean energy management platform, with lnCharge Energy's "In-Control" software platform, giving fleet owners the tools to manage EV charger loads with clean energy using solar and storage, optimize utility bills, build out EV charging in areas of the grid that are constrained, and monitor progress toward environmental, social, and governance (ESC) goals.
With a focus on EV fleet-charging depots and high-power fast charging hubs, the offering is expected to help businesses navigate the complicated and historically expensive EV market nuances and take advantage of energy storage's unique ability to integrate EVs and distributed energy assets. From design and procurement to installation and operational management, the combined offering could help EV assets achieve operational excellence.
The partnership between Stem and lnCharge will enable the development of a powerful software suite for commercial charging projects. Stem's Athena platform was specifically designed to manage significant energy demands like those of heavy-duty EV fleets by charging the battery with excess solar and discharging it to EV infrastructure later in the day when PV is no longer available. When integrated with lnCharge Energy's In-Control charging management platform, Athena's Al-powered analytics offers key value drivers including:
- Interoperable clean energy systems that are designed to ensure that fleets are charged from renewable resources, on-time, every time.
- Protection from outages and resilient operations with ESS backup power solutions.
- Accurate project economic forecasts further enhanced by participating in demand response and incentive programs.
- Reduced and optimized utility bills through demand charge management, energy arbitrage, and management of other utility peak charges.
- Maximized performance through better visibility into charging loads, 24/7 monitoring, warranty management, enrollment in incentive and grid services programs, and automatic ESS dispatch.
- Vehicle-to-grid (V2G) enablement and increased customer value from supporting the grid in times of need.
- ESG goal achievement through GHG energy tagging and easier integration of new renewable resources.
"Stem is excited to partner with lnCharge Energy to bring the power of our best-in-class solar, storage and EV charging solutions to fleet owners and operators looking to create additional project value," said Alan Russo, chief revenue officer at Stem. "Our energy and EV charging solutions work seamlessly together, putting value streams like charging fleets during grid outages and charging-from-solar within immediate reach. Plus, with the passing of the Inflation Reduction Act, our energy experts can help businesses take advantage of the 30+% tax credits for stand-alone energy storage and significant additional incentives for commercial EV deployment to lower EV project costs making this an unprecedented time to deploy systems as part of short and long-term EV strategies."
"As a leading developer of commercial EV charging systems, lnCharge Energy has the expertise to simplify every aspect of EV infrastructure design and development to accelerate the adoption of electric fleets," said Stephen Kelley, chief commercial officer at lnCharge Energy. "Our solutions, combined with Stem's leading storage and solar solutions and services, mean that our customers will have the peace of mind knowing their EV assets are reliable, scalable, and will continue to drive value."