Secure Futures, a clean energy and educational services for K-12 schools, has published a free guide to help schools transition to electric school buses. The guide is titled The Electric School Bus Revolution: Start Going EV Now, Find Funding and Avoid Pitfalls, according to a press release.
The 19-page, fully illustrated guide, was developed using research from sources of accurate and up-to-date information including bus manufacturers, federal government agencies and non-profit groups advocating a transition to electric school buses.
According to Secure Futures, cost remains the biggest barrier for schools to get clean buses, since an electric school bus can cost three times more to purchase than a diesel bus.
The guide covers everything that people who run and care about schools need to understand the case for electric school buses, whether they are practical for their school, and how to overcome barriers like the high cost of electric vs. traditional diesel buses. Topics include:
- The rapid spread of electric vehicles including cars along with transit and school buses
- The dangers of diesel school buses for kids' health
- Are electric school buses practical? Do they have enough range for your school's bus routes?
- Alternatives to electric school buses like propane and CNG buses
- Grant funding and new types of financing such as service agreements to acquire electric school buses with zero upfront cost
- How parents, students and community members can help their schools get electric school buses sooner rather than later
To download the guide, click here.
See all comments