WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) has released a suite of cost calculator tools that estimate potential fuels savings and return on investment with propane.
The calculators compare propane costs to those of conventional fuels like gasoline and diesel. The tools are designed for customers in three of the industry’s fastest-growing markets: agriculture, commercial landscape and on-road fleets.
“One of the main reasons fleets, agribusiness operators or commercial landscapers consider making a switch to an alternative fuel like propane is simple: They want to improve their bottom line,” said Tucker Perkins, PERC’s chief business development officer. “With these new applications, equipment dealers, propane providers and customers can easily calculate fuel costs with propane specific to their market and operations. And with the online and mobile tools, they can share results on the spot via e-mail.”
The PERC cost calculator series currently includes the Propane Irrigation Engine Calculator, the Propane Mower Calculator and the Propane Autogas Calculator. They are available in multiple platforms:
• The web tools can be operated online at propanecostcalculator.com.
• The calculators can be downloaded as a desktop tool.
• Downloadable worksheets can be printed and filled in by hand.
• Mobile applications are available for phones and tablets in app stores for Apple and Android devices.
• Results from the applications can also be shared by e-mail.
See all comments