HUDSON, Ohio — AMF-Bruns of America has developed Easypull, a fully integrated winch system that pulls a wheelchair and passenger into a vehicle up a ramp, the wheelchair securement and restraint systems supplier announced on Monday.
Attached to the front of the wheelchair, the winch system draws the wheelchair inside the vehicle. Once in place, Easypull’s automatic restraint system then secures the wheelchair to the vehicle.
Features and benefits of the winch system include:
• No need for a person to push and secure a wheelchair passenger into a vehicle.
• Meeting ISO 10542 and RESNA WC18 testing requirements.
• Wireless remote control.
• Compact design.
• Two speed levels.
• Fully adjustable positioning of the wheelchair inside the vehicle.
• Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) tested.
• Length of webbing that pulls the wheelchair is 13.12 feet/4.03 meters.
“Easypull is a technological breakthrough that eliminates the need for driver or caregiver from physically boarding a wheelchair inside a vehicle,” said Peter Haarhuis, CEO of AMF-Bruns of America. “The product is easy to operate and meets all quality and testing requirements.”
For more information, contact Steve Barker, AMF-Bruns of America sales manager, at (478) 508-3933 or go to www.amfbrunsamerica.com.