LISLE, Ill. — IC Bus awarded a new round of scholarships to 11 students, the school bus manufacturer announced on Monday.
The annual IC Bus Scholarships go to family members of dealer employees. They represent a collaborative effort between IC Bus and its dealer network to demonstrate the company’s commitment to support further education in the communities where its employees live and work.
This year, high school students hailing from across the U.S. and Canada received part of over $20,000 to go toward their upcoming college education. Three of those are memorial scholarships awarded to honor the leadership of past IC Bus dealer principals:
• Harlow Hageness Scholarship: Kyle Mansfield, Midwest Transit Equipment Inc.
• Richard Wolfington Sr. Scholarship: Shanna Ciongoli, Wolfington Body Co.
• Holly Hoglund Klein Scholarship: Morgan Lash, RWC Alaska
This year’s other IC Bus Scholarship winners are:
• Aimee Boudreau, Carolina International Trucks
• Cade Jochum, Cornhusker International Trucks
• Joseph Vance, Mid-State Truck Service
• Alicia Baumann, Midwest Transit Equipment
• Courtney Campbell, Ward International Trucks
• Mollikate Keehley, Waters Truck and Tractor Co.
• Tanner Greenaway, Western Canada Bus
• Emily Yost, Wolfington Body Co.
“While our primary focus as a company may be transporting students to and from school safely each day, our support does not stop when they get off the bus,” said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager of IC Bus. “An education is an invaluable resource, and IC Bus is proud to play a part in helping the children of our dealers and their employees across the country reach their career aspirations through these scholarships.”