WESTFIELD, Ind. — IMMI’s SafeGuard has introduced a new solution for securing preschoolers on school buses: the SafeGuard SuperSTAR.
The new school bus seating product comes from the manufacturer of the SafeGuard STAR portable restraint.
“IMMI’s SafeGuard continues to lead the way in innovation when it comes to safety for students on the school bus,” said Larry Gray, CEO of IMMI. “The SafeGuard SuperSTAR with exclusive central adjust makes drivers’ and aides’ jobs easier, and ensures children are properly restrained.”
According to IMMI, the SafeGuard SuperSTAR is engineered with the added safety of car-seat technology while providing school transportation managers with more versatility. The central adjust allows for one-pull tightening of the restraint system, reportedly making it easier and faster to correctly secure children in the restraint.
According to IMMI, other features of the new SafeGuard SuperSTAR include:
• Designed and CAPE-tested for 25- to 90-pound preschool children.
• New, easier-to-clean covering.
• Longer cam wrap attaches around any school bus seat.
• Seven-year service life.
• Flatter base contours for more comfort.
• Three SuperSTARs fit on a standard 39-inch FMVSS school bus seat.
• Optional chest strap available.
Along with the standard STAR and STAR Special Needs restraints, the SafeGuard SuperSTAR is now available through school transportation dealers.