Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  5:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
where can i buy them in Canada

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  6:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have two of those with white roofs....they're from the manufacturer that way.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, Trina should have the disk I sent her today. She posted on here that she would get the pics on here as soon as she could. Just wanted to let you know. Some of you sent me e-mails about it.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  6:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right, I got Jeff's pictures in the mail today. I uploaded them on to a simple page for everyone to see. I had to use FrontPage to create the page because my computer is down, and the only computer I have access to at the moment is my laptop. And since FrontPage is the only program I have on here to create websites, here goes:

http://school-buses.net/school_bus_models.htm

Of course, in the process of uploading that page, I accidentally deleted the index for school-buses.net. So, as a side note, if any of you are trying to access school-buses.net, I won't be able to fix that index page until I get my regular computer back. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the pictures Jeff sent.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdDriver
Advanced Member

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBirdDriver's Homepage  Send BlueBirdDriver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow those look great. I'm lucky enough to have one of those buses Jeff made for me. He done an excellent job on it.

You can see it here:
http://www.geocities.com/busboyjason/Bus8Model.html
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  7:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buskid

All right, I got Jeff's pictures in the mail today. I uploaded them on to a simple page for everyone to see. I had to use FrontPage to create the page because my computer is down, and the only computer I have access to at the moment is my laptop. And since FrontPage is the only program I have on here to create websites, here goes:

http://school-buses.net/school_bus_models.htm

Of course, in the process of uploading that page, I accidentally deleted the index for school-buses.net. So, as a side note, if any of you are trying to access school-buses.net, I won't be able to fix that index page until I get my regular computer back. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the pictures Jeff sent.

Jeff,
Those are amazing bus models. What brand of models do you mod or do you just make your own? I really like the GMC Blue Birds
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  8:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also lucky enough to be the proud owner of some of Jeff's work. I especially like my Blue Bird AA RE! And those pics are terrific! I like the Leon District Schools bus (I lived in Leon county - Tallahassee, Fl - for 6 months). The yellow wheels look cool! And did I notice one of those BB AA's in Michigan specs??
Keep up the great work Jeff!

Ted

Edited by - SuperiorGMC1963 on 03/11/2004 8:43:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  7:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did I see a Carpenter Classic 2000 International in that collection? Awsome, mouth drooling, yada yada models Jeff!! Those are just wow. They deffently beat my CBC/Ford by far!

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  7:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How does Jeff make those buses?
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  05:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Those are all great models Jeff!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  07:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have some Freightliner/Thomas pics and some small Thomas ER models that I need to get on here. The pics shown were from all body manufacturers except Thomas and Wayne.

All of the buses I make are not scratch built. These are BB bus banks that I detail. All of my work is detail, no building. The die cast buses come from www.wheelswings-things.com.

I use a Wizard tool to shape wheel housing and car Bondo to make body shape adjustments. The white roofs on the buses are Glossy White adhesive vinyl. Lights on the buses are colored rhinestones and all decals are printed at Signs Now. I try very hard to make the buses look authentic. Every bus that I detail is a bus from a website or a picture of a bus that I have. Any bus that you see is in operation somewhere in the USA.

My next project is making a bus room in my house. I am tryimg to get roof caps to put on the walls with bus shelfs below them. I got the idea from Monster House on the Discovery Channel.
When I get some more pics together I will share them with you.
Hope you enjoyed them!!!

Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  07:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Thank-you for posting the pictures, Trina." . . . You're welcome.

I wonder what Monster House would do if you let them loose in your home and told them that you wanted a school bus motif. "Our house is a monster house, it's a school bus house . . ." Hehe.
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  08:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome Jeff! I love those two Ohio buses you have! The Canton and Jackson ones!
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  10:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buskid

I wonder what Monster House would do if you let them loose in your home and told them that you wanted a school bus motif. "Our house is a monster house, it's a school bus house . . ." Hehe.

That would be KEWL to see!!

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  7:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The newest addition to my "fleet", a 1999 Blue Bird International 3800 by Herpa and Boley. I took a hacksaw to the front of the Boley IHC box van and glued it to the bus. What do you all think?

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  12:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That looks great! Good job!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job Lee! I had always wished that Herpa would have made a Blue Bird with the 3800 Chassis. Did you have to paint the hood or is there a Boley International model that is already close enough to school bus yellow?

Ted

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  2:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperiorGMC1963

Great job Lee! I had always wished that Herpa would have made a Blue Bird with the 3800 Chassis. Did you have to paint the hood or is there a Boley International model that is already close enough to school bus yellow?

Hi Ted,
No need to repaint the front. The color is pretty close. The only problem is there is a slight space between the Boley IHC hood and the Herpa body that doesn't show up too well in the pics. If I had been a little bit more careful in the cutting it probably would have matched perfectly. All of the yellow Boley trucks were the same shade so if you wanted to try it yourself you'd probably get similar if not better results than I did.

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 04/19/2004 2:10:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  3:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A question for bluebird16:Can you post the pics of you're Corbeil models?Corbeil would be awsome to see they are my favourite.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  6:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Lee, Boley is actually gonna make a HO School bus on the International 3800 chassis, it says so on their site. It is debuting in June. I am hoping it will be on a Thomas body! There are no pictures as of yet, so we'll have to see. BTW that job you did looks nice!
Greg
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  6:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is nice.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasfan89

Hey Lee, Boley is actually gonna make a HO School bus on the International 3800 chassis, it says so on their site. It is debuting in June. I am hoping it will be on a Thomas body! There are no pictures as of yet, so we'll have to see. BTW that job you did looks nice!
Greg

Greg,
Thats great news! I'd like to see a Thomas myself but any body, as long its spot on realistic would be okay with me.
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  8:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBluebird83

quote:
Originally posted by Thomasfan89

Greg

Greg,
Thats great news! I'd like to see a Thomas myself but any body, as long its spot on realistic would be okay with me.

Ditto! That's terrific. And like Lee said, I don't care what the body is either as long as it's realistic.

Ted

Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am working on a new disk of pics to post on this. Yes I will put the Corbeil pics on here. I am also going to start putting some of my stuff on EBay. I am just curious to see how well something would sell for. I plan to put them on the ist weekend in May. Trina, I will probably have to send you another disk to get these up for me.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  1:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can you just email me the pics of the corbeil?Is this bus a conventional or a type a ?
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  1:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can you just email me the pics of the corbeil?Is this bus a conventional or a type a ?Also does anybody know where I can buy some herpa school bus models in canada?
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  1:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like that BB/3800 Lee - looks good for a "cut up" lol. And I hope that Boley makes that Int with the Carpenter or Thomas bodies.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  3:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Corbeil are Type C and Type D buses. I have had a few people ask for them so I will get them on here as soon as I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2004 :  3:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Alright,do you have any small buses that youve made?Not corbeil just any kind
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2004 :  4:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Trina,did you get this disk with the pictures on it yet?
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  06:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

Those are outstanding models. I have seen the bus banks and those are incredible face lifts. Can you post pictures of before, durning and after so we can get an idea of how you do it?

Well done.
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  05:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently I have begun to post some pictures of my fleet of model buses at the following site. These are my 'cardboard creations' from the past several years. I will add and rotate the pics as time goes on. If I don't keep it up to date, feel free to hassle me!

http://www.msnusers.com/SuperiorGMC1963/shoebox.msnw?Page=1

Ted

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  08:12:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I LOVE that Freightliner!!!

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  12:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ted,
I noticed the 2001 Blue Bird/Ford. Was that chassis available as late as '01? Fords are rare in this area, especially the "newer" style.

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2004 :  4:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter

Ted,
I noticed the 2001 Blue Bird/Ford. Was that chassis available as late as '01? Fords are rare in this area, especially the "newer" style.

That's one of my "whoooops" buses. Actually those '01 Blue Bird Fords were never produced but I actually made a couple of them before I realized that. Oh well, there probably are a couple of prototype '01 BB Fords out there somewhere. I actually scrapped those BB Fords I built and reused some of the parts. Now when a prototype bus comes out I WAIT to make sure it's going to actually be produced before I built a replica of one!

Ted

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.71 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000