Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buskid,
Thanks for sharing those pics.. I am salivating over that Dinky Wayne. One of these days I will have one of my own. I see them all the time on ebay. Also, I couldn't help but notice that pic of a beautiful mid-50's Superior behind your beanbag buses. Terrific!

Ted

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great collection Buskid!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buskid, have you ever worn that hat while you where driving.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Chock Wheels For Life
Proud American For Life
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  1:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperiorGMC1963

Buskid,
Thanks for sharing those pics.. I am salivating over that Dinky Wayne. One of these days I will have one of my own. I see them all the time on ebay. Also, I couldn't help but notice that pic of a beautiful mid-50's Superior behind your beanbag buses. Terrific!

Hi Ted,

I love that Dinky Supertoys Wayne, I think it's one of my favorite die-cast models. Of course, I love the real Wayne Superamic Transit REs anyway, so liking the toy version is a given.

Ah, so you saw the picture of "KOOL BUS" setting up on the beanie bus shelf. According to the information on the back of it, it's a 1956 "4500 Chevrolet" front end with a "Superior 20 passenger" bus body. It's used for fundraisers, races, shows, fairs, festivals, grand openings, etc. You should see it in person, it has monster truck tires on it! The total cost of rebuilding it was $97,000.00.

Anyway . . . thanks for the comments.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  1:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PHW

Buskid, have you ever worn that hat while you where driving.

I think I have once. There's some stories that go along with that hat.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  4:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GREAT COLLECTION Trina!! I love the "Caution Stay Back 500 Feet, School Bus Driver Has An Attitude" sign. I'll see if I can post my small collection.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  4:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here's my small collection:

From back left to front right:

Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX, Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2, 2 Blue Bird All-American FE's (Bus Banks), CAT (Citizen's Area Transit, Las Vegas) Flxible City Bus, and International School Bus (Front two buses made by Road Champs).

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/17/2004 5:02:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I was doing a search for bus stuff on the Internet (yes, I had time) and I found these "Paper Bus" things you can put together. I know, they're city buses. Let me know what you all think.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bingo/7570/ppb-117.html

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/17/2004 5:05:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusFan

GREAT COLLECTION Trina!! I love the "Caution Stay Back 500 Feet, School Bus Driver Has An Attitude" sign. I'll see if I can post my small collection.

Thanks, George!

I found that sign on eBay, and I couldn't resist. I have another one that has "SCHOOL BUS XING" on it. When I get a chance, I'll take a picture of it and add it to the page I posted the other pictures on.

I like your collection. You have a Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2, that's one model I haven't ordered yet. Plus, you also have the models that you built yourself. That's something I couldn't do.

I didn't start collecting any type of school bus memorabilia until the end of my junior year in high school. My collection started with one Zylmex-Zee Toys Crown Supercoach die-cast model. I don't buy things left and right, but if I see something neat, I add it to the collection. I collect fire truck models also, so as you can imagine, my computer room has more models and toys in it than it does computer or desk space.

I always enjoy seeing other peoples' collections, so if anyone else has pictures, please share!
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice collections!! I like both of them. Trina, I wouldn't mind hearing about the story behind that hat. I only have 2 school buses and they are 1/64 scale and I have no telling how much John Deere and big trucks in my collection.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, I was doing a search for bus stuff on the Internet (yes, I had time) and I found these "Paper Bus" things you can put together. I know, they're city buses. Let me know what you all think.

Sense those are city buses, I thought a school bus one might be needed. The bus is an International, the front, where the warning lights are and "SCHOOL BUS" looks to be a Blue Bird, the front door reminds me of a Ward, and the back looks like a Carpenter...so call it what you want, it can be edited though.
http://papertoys.com/amschoolbus.htm Enjoy!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  9:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

quote:

Sense those are city buses, I thought a school bus one might be needed. The bus is an International, the front, where the warning lights are and "SCHOOL BUS" looks to be a Blue Bird, the front door reminds me of a Ward, and the back looks like a Carpenter...so call it what you want, it can be edited though.
http://papertoys.com/amschoolbus.htm Enjoy!

Oops!! I forgot about that one!! I did print that exact school bus sometime last year, and it looks really nice. I think I'll have to print it out on cardstock. I wish they also had a type D style bus.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  9:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Trina!! I think I have a picture of CCSD's Vehicle Maintenance Coordinator's bus collection on my website, maybe on the Photos page. He had like 2 walls full of bus merchandise. Plates, pictures, logos, etc., I think you could find almost everything in his collection.

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/17/2004 9:20:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  07:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I updated the little page I made to include a picture of the "SCHOOL BUS XING" sign along with a couple other items. I also added some pictures of a few of the school bus emblems I have collected. It would take too long to take pictures of everything.

http://school-buses.net/models.htm

Again, sorry about any blurry pictures. I'll take care of them when I get a chance.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  1:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great photos. You got the Thomas Mailbox!! I was thinking about buying a mail box a couple of years ago. Maybe with my tax refund coming back, I might go and get a few more things to add to my small collection. Great collection!!

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/18/2004 1:19:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  11:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buskid,

Since your Crown is a COOL bus, check this sight out where they have "Don't miss the COOL bus" sweatshirts. I would guess you may already know about it.

link @ http://newlifeshopper.com/search.asp?stS=school+bus&selectcategory=0&CatalogVar=0&kfg=fromsearch

PHW

Child Check For Life
Chock Wheels For Life
Proud American For Life
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PHW

Buskid,

Since your Crown is a COOL bus, check this sight out where they have "Don't miss the COOL bus" sweatshirts. I would guess you may already know about it.

link @ http://newlifeshopper.com/search.asp?stS=school+bus&selectcategory=0&CatalogVar=0&kfg=fromsearch

Thanks, PHW! I think I got something in the mail advertising those shirts, but I forgot about it until you mentioned it here. I just ordered one of the t-shirts.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  07:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trina,
Be checking your mail in the next few days. I mailed you a disk of all of the buses that I have...to post on here. Your the only one that I know that posts good pics on here. There are about 20 different ones. Most people that have e-mailed me want to see the BB All American RE's. You will find a few pics and some pics of the die cast Carpenters and IC buses.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  09:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueBird16

Trina,
Be checking your mail in the next few days. I mailed you a disk of all of the buses that I have...to post on here. Your the only one that I know that posts good pics on here. There are about 20 different ones. Most people that have e-mailed me want to see the BB All American RE's. You will find a few pics and some pics of the die cast Carpenters and IC buses.

Will do, Jeff. Consider them as good as uploaded and posted as soon as the CD arrives.
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2004 :  6:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm at it yet again, LOL! I bought two more Herpa Blue Bird IHCs yesterday. One I've modded into a TC/2000 FE and the other into a Mid '80s GMC.
The TC/2000 conversion involved cutting out the wheel wells into the body and modding both the interior and the chassis to make everything fit. The grille is a modified stock IHC grille cut down a bit. The headlights are also the stock IHC. The orange lights on the grille are the orange cowl lights that come with these models. Noe of the buses I rode on ever had these so I always remove them anyway. I'm happy to say that all the wheels roll and the bus tracks straight!
The GMC conversion simply consists of taking the IHC S-1700 style cowl that comes with it and cutting off the front. When the cowl is installed backwards, the shape is very similar to the boxy GMC cowl. I drew a grille into a piece of post card I got in the mail for some condo complex that's being built nearby. I'm not happy with it though so what I'm going to do is simply print a pic of a GMC front and glue it onto the post card.
Neither bus is finished yet but I figured I'd post some pics for your enjoyment:

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  1:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great work! I have to say the TC/2000 is better than the other though.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  1:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How did you get the cowl off of the tc/2000?
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  3:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I'm working on making the GMC better as I write this. I went online and found a good frontal pic of a mid '80s GMC 6000 truck and printed it out. I'll be adding this to the bus in moments.
As for removing the cowl to make a TC/2000, the nice thing about the Herpa Blue Bird model is that the model is all plastic and the cowl removes very easily. Its held on by two small clips. The tricky part was getting the chassis and interior to fit the front wheels, lots of cutting and re-glueing, cut my finger a bit too, LOL. But it works. Sure it would have been easier just to buy the Blue Bird All American FE bank, but this was more fun and its a TC/2000 to boot
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  3:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They are both quite interesting I do hafta say. I like the FE better - did you know you can buy a BBAAFE bus model? I found one on a site - don't know if they offer it anymore. And is that IC out yet?

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  3:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Trina, that is one impressive bus collection! I love those emblems!
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  3:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GMCBlueBird83, where do you get the Herpa Blue Bird models from?
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ryan,
I got them at hobby shop in West Palm Beach Florida called The BT&L Railroad. Thet cost about $13 each. I've seen them for less on eBay but I'd rather not wait a week, West Palm beach is just a 15 minute drive for me. The folks there are very nice and helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Trina,where did you get the old Wayne emblem
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:39:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the Blue Bird GMC again, but now with a proper looking front end complete with fender turn signals:

Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow!That looks much better Lee.I think that you should put a ford cowl on on of those buses.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow!That looks much better Lee.I think that you should put a ford cowl on on of those buses.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  4:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2000freightlinercorbeil

Trina,where did you get the old Wayne emblem

Both of the old Wayne emblems came from a 1950s Wayne Superamic Transit RE.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  5:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Much improved Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

They are both quite interesting I do hafta say. I like the FE better - did you know you can buy a BBAAFE bus model? I found one on a site - don't know if they offer it anymore. And is that IC out yet?

I'm sorry to say the IC model is not out yet still.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice models. That new BB GMC cowl looks better than the older one.
I like the TC/2000 also.

Btw, I just hit 400 posts with this post!!!

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  5:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a Herpa bus currently available on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3592715587&category=19061

And another...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3180595404&category=484

Here is one with a white roof which I haven't seen before, but its in the UK, possibly editied.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3592774877&category=223

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000