Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  8:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's better than nothing, but I'm sure someone will come out with a custom bus for DL
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  2:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Eh I probably drew better buses than this in 6th grade, LOL
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  4:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBlueBird83

Anyways, I uploaded my MM2 buses onto a new server. I'm thinking that my site host(Yahoo Geocities) does not handle these files too well which was causing the problems. Now available are the following:

AmTran International with T444E/Allison AT545-NY spec
Blue Bird International with DT466/Allison AT545-NY spec
Blue Bird Freightliner FS-65-Cat 3126/Allison AT545-OH spec
Blue Bird GMC 6000 with 8.2 Liter Detroit Diesel/Allison AT545-NY spec
Carpenter Ford B-800 with Cummins ISB/Allison MT643-OH spec
IC CE 300 with DT466/Allison 2000-NY spec
Thomas International 3800 with DT466/Allison MT643-OH spec
Thomas International Vista with DT466/Allison AT545-FL spec
Thomas International S-1800 with IH 9.0 Liter/Allison AT545-NY spec
Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2 with CAT C7/Allison 2000-NY Spec
Check them out here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/DT466SchoolBusM/

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 12/29/2006 2:01:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  6:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Haha, I'm sure alot of us drew better looking buses back in 6th grade.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  01:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys...

For what its worth, if you really want to take advantage of what could be a really good engine for a school bus simulator, I would recommend Microsoft Flight Simulator.

You may be thinking "What? Why Flight Simulator? Isn't it for flying only?" Well, the idea is that it is a Flight Simulator, but ever since Flight Simulator 2004 opened the doors to a whole line of non-flight related add-ons, Flight Simulator, especially 2004 and Flight Simulator X, stand to offer great potential.

For one, you can easily create and export 3D models into Flight Simulator via a small 3rd-party addon program called gMax (which for some can be difficult to master). In gMax, you can create the model, texture them with photorealistic details, add your own custom gauges via the use of the gauges SDK, and export it to use as a fully realistic "driveable" model. In Flight Simulator X, you can even use the Mission SDK to write missions where you can pick up people and drop them off within a certain time frame, etc.

In Flight Simulator, you can also modify what are known as *.AIR files, which are basically files that contain a specific vehicle's operating charateristics. Here, you can set throttle variants, maximum operating speeds (i.e. to simulate a governed engine, etc), and other variables that pertain to the operation of the vehicle within the simulation.

You can also create your own soundkits, with actual sounds recorded from whatever vehicle you decide to simulate.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  05:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

Hey guys...

For what its worth, if you really want to take advantage of what could be a really good engine for a school bus simulator, I would recommend Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Wow Steve, that sounds interesting. I may have to look into that

But for now, I have yet another bus for MM2 that I'm just finishing up, a 1990 Wayne International with KY specs....yes Chris, its YOUR bus, LOL! Some pics:

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  05:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOSH

I HAVE TO GET THIS GAME NOW. Where do i get it at, and does Circuit City or anywhere have it????
~Jake~

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

Hey guys...

Wow Steve, that sounds interesting. I may have to look into that

But for now, I have yet another bus for MM2 that I'm just finishing up, a 1990 Wayne International with KY specs....yes Chris, its YOUR bus, LOL! Some pics:

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

ltrain2001

139 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  6:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When driving in MM2, does it allow you to specify if you want your bus with an auto or manual transmission? I'd really like to play that game with the 90 Wayne with a 5 spd.
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  7:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ltrain2001

When driving in MM2, does it allow you to specify if you want your bus with an auto or manual transmission? I'd really like to play that game with the 90 Wayne with a 5 spd.

You can shift manually but it doesn't simulate using an actual manual tranny with a clutch. Its more along the lines of a Tiptronic style transmission and even that description is pushing it.

I prefer using manual mode myself because the automatic never really shifts when its supposed to in this game although I've managed to tune my buses to shift close enough to realistically. Plus since MM2 vehicles do not coast like in other games I like to use 5th gear to simulate coasting.

Download the Thomas International 3800 for now since its the closest to the Wayne tuning and soundwise(DT466/MT643). I'll post the Wayne once I fix up the dash a bit.

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 12/28/2006 7:05:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdNut

United States
73 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  09:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBirdNut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I rented Test Drive: Eve of Destruction from GameRush last night, and it has a number of bus demolition activities. Is it possible that GMC BB '83 could do a 2001 BB International (OH specs, Forest Hills Local School District Ham. Co. no. 40 or 68)?

Whiskey 8 Whiskey tango Delta. W8WTD, remember that now.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  3:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the PC or PS2. If its PS2, its impossible.

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

adrian1

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  10:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do they have school buses in midtown madness 2 on the computer game cd. or do you have to donwload it on here but I tryed that alraedy but I am still trying to figer it out.
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  12:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adrian1

do they have school buses in midtown madness 2 on the computer game cd. or do you have to donwload it on here but I tryed that alraedy but I am still trying to figer it out.

The only school buses for MM2 are the downloadable ones. The way to make them work in the game is simple:
*After downloading you must unzip the ar file. You can do this with WinZip or WinRar. I prefer WinZip. If you don't have either of these programs do a Google search and I'm sure you can find a site with a free download.

*Place the ar file into you MM2 Folder. You can find this by going to "My Computer" and then choose your hard drive(usually the c drive).

*From there choose "Program Files"

*Next choose "Microsoft Games"

*And finally choose the Midtown Madness 2 folder. Place your ar file into that folder, fire up the game and you're ready to go!
Go to Top of Page

Dogbert

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  2:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm, slight errors in your post Lee.

Download a .zip file which contains a .txt file and a .ar file.

(I use IE7 so I choose to "Open" rather than "Save" the .zip file. When the download finishes I choose to "Run" the .zip file and it opens up in the "Compressed (zipped) File" as Windows does with standard ol' zip files)

The .txt file isn't important in driving the bus in the game but it is important to give it a read

I usually just "Copy" (or select the file and press "Ctrl + C") the .ar file and "Paste" (or select the destination folder and press "Ctrl + V") in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Midtown Madness 2" folder. (destination folder may be different for you)

Then just run the game.

Adrian1,

NOTE: This is assuming you have IE 6 or 7 and Windows XP or similar. And this is to clarify that you do not need to open a .ar file but rather a .zip file.

Whichever approach you find easier because you sound like your not very familiar with the PC territory .

Edited by - Dogbert on 01/14/2007 2:17:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dogbert

hmm, slight errors in your post Lee.

Download a .zip file which contains a .txt file and a .ar file.

Dogbert is correct, that is the correct procedure
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  5:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great job on the C2 but the steering wheel doesn't show up!?

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  5:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Great job on the C2 but the steering wheel doesn't show up!?

Thanks. A fix for the dash is on the way.
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The other buses on your website don't work when I click go drive for some reason.

Would you be able to make the bus 2 windows shorter or create an increased wheel cut?

You did a really good job on the engine sound, and the bus looks great! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  9:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Game 'Bus Driver' is done and waiting to be released. The developers are currently negotiating for retail distribution in several markets and will be the first game from SCS to be distributed throughout Europe. A download version might also be available in the future.

It shouldn't be too long now!
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  12:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder how accurate it will be, though. I'm hedging my bets that it won't be. Even the "Hard Truck" series isn't as accurate as they say it is. For one, if they want to simulate longhaul runs, they miss out on one important piece of required equipment that is seen in every truck on the road - the FMCSR logbook that every longhaul trucker in this country has to fill out EVERY DAY.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus Driver the game is out!

Free download www.busdrivergame.com (60 min of play demo version)

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  7:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

~Jake~

I downloaded the demo the other day. The game is not good at all. For starters there's only one camara shot, of the outside rear. No dash or side views. This makes it hard to drive for obvious reasons. The game does not support a mouse, not even in the game's menus.

The bus models are not the greatest(the school bus is the worst!) and the game barely runs on my computer despite it having fairly decent specs. Its really less of a true bus driving simulator and more of a cheesy arcade game. I wont be purchasing the full version
Go to Top of Page

WrightEclipse

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  7:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit WrightEclipse's Homepage  Send WrightEclipse an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

~Jake~

I downloaded the demo the other day. The game is not good at all. For starters there's only one camara shot, of the outside rear. No dash or side views. This makes it hard to drive for obvious reasons. The game does not support a mouse, not even in the game's menus.

The bus models are not the greatest(the school bus is the worst!) and the game barely runs on my computer despite it having fairly decent specs. Its really less of a true bus driving simulator and more of a cheesy arcade game. I wont be purchasing the full version

I agree that the school bus is pretty crappy.... but I think it's quite a good game. You have to take into consideration that it's the closest we're gonna get for a while to a bus sim for PC... I'm sure with all the interest for it and all the complaints made about dash view, this will be corrected in the future. I quite liked it and I'm going to buy the full version (eventually)!

New AIM SN: Tracline65
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  8:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the demo, and I think it's a good game. True, the school bus is the crapiest looking vehicle, but this is the first version of the game. Heck, I remember Madden NFL 2000, the graphics were CRAP. Now I have Madden NFL 2007, and it's MUCH better.
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  8:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I liked the game, although I have to admit the models could be a little better. It would be better if you could put on the warning lights when picking up kids. I will be buying the full version.
Go to Top of Page

WrightEclipse

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit WrightEclipse's Homepage  Send WrightEclipse an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm just really surprised at how much interest the game has received. The forums are packed full of people talking about it... I used to play Midtown Madness 2, and that was the closest you could get to a bus sim on PC (especially when it comes to school buses)... and that community is close to dieing now. I'm glad to see there's a comeback.. it definately opens up the future for bus-related video games!

New AIM SN: Tracline65
Go to Top of Page

Dogbert

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  6:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd just like to say that i played the 60 min trial version and find it to be an okay start to bus driving games. Yes, it has its flaws but there is a programmer/modder guy on the truckpol forums that is modifying the game to include things like:
quote:
* Mouse Support.

* New Asphalt Textures.

*Longer, And More Realistic Routes.

* Dash View.

* Smoother Brake Time.

* New Sounds.

* Maybe New Buses.

* A New Big Map.

* More Traffic.

If you don't see what you want then there is a suggestion thread as well.

Once that mod comes out maybe later this week (as he said earlier) then i'll start thinking about buying the game. Maybe i'll buy it at the same time Test Drive Unlimited finally comes out.
Go to Top of Page

InoYamanakaFanboy

United States
18 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  11:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone make any school buses for 18 Wheels of Steel: Convoy?
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  12:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I found out about another game recently, Bus Simulator 2008. Maybe it will turn out better than the game Bus Driver...

I don't know too many details on it at the moment but it looks like its all city buses. Although there is a way to make new buses and add them to the game.

http://www.bussimulatorgame.com/
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  3:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its a game, designed for earlier versions of Windows (98, ME, XP). No longer sold in stores, it was back from 2003.

And THANKS Cody, thats AWESOME!
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  4:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dogbert

I'd just like to say that i played the 60 min trial version and find it to be an okay start to bus driving games. Yes, it has its flaws but there is a programmer/modder guy on the truckpol forums that is modifying the game to include things like:
quote:
* Mouse Support.

* New Asphalt Textures.

*Longer, And More Realistic Routes.

* Dash View.

* Smoother Brake Time.

* New Sounds.

* Maybe New Buses.

* A New Big Map.

* More Traffic.

If you don't see what you want then there is a suggestion thread as well.

Once that mod comes out maybe later this week (as he said earlier) then i'll start thinking about buying the game. Maybe i'll buy it at the same time Test Drive Unlimited finally comes out.

Speaking of Test Drive Unlimited, that game is already is out and i have it for PS2. That game is one of the cooleest car games ever. Though it don't have 2 player, it ties with Need For Speed Most Wanted. If you get it, drive the Mustang GT.

Go to Top of Page

jclick

United States
33 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  11:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always picked the School Bus on the Cruising USA arcade game. That was a fun game, not a simulator but still a bus in a game.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  1:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah wasn't that a ward ford?

Bring back the "backing" sign!
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  12:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is Midtown madness for? and which one do you use the buses with?

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision

What is Midtown madness for? and which one do you use the buses with?

It is a video game, like you drive cars in it.... Its like totally righteous, dude!

Edited by - Jake on 01/06/2008 4:19:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000