Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Midtown Madness is for PC (maybe Mac or PS2 also, i dont know). It is an ok game, but it is older and some of the graphics arent great. You have to download schoolbuses for it, but it does come with a city and doubledecker bus.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lifestar Fe

Midtown Madness is for PC (maybe Mac or PS2 also, i dont know). It is an ok game, but it is older and some of the graphics arent great. You have to download schoolbuses for it, but it does come with a city and doubledecker bus.

It is only 6 years old...
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

quote:

6 years old is out of date (old) in the computer industry.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  4:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cody

quote:

quote:

Yeah, thats what I meant.
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  5:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Cody

quote:

quote:

Yeah, thats what I meant.

Didn't look into the post farther when I posted that quickly, my fault!
Go to Top of Page

bgamby10

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit bgamby10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Can somebody help me ... I downloaded the bus and it doesn't show up on my Midtown Madness list of cars. Winrar has three files in it, including the bus.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

how did u do it
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  7:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bgamby10

how do u get it on midtown madness
quote:

Busdriver does not offer user-made modifications, that I am aware of. Your best bet is Midtown Maddness2

http://schoolbusenthusiast.com/AAAAA_MM2/MM2_vehicle_downloads.html
Those are the most detailed buses for MM2. You can get MM2 from Amazon.com

quote:
Originally posted by bgamby10

quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Can somebody help me ... I downloaded the bus and it doesn't show up on my Midtown Madness list of cars. Winrar has three files in it, including the bus.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

how did u do it

Depending on the file, sometimes you have to extract it or do other stuff. What I can't figure out is how to get Lee's models to work...they show up in the scroll down list on MM2, but it quits out of the game when I click on it...
Anyway, there are alot of reasons why you might not be able to get it to work

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
MM2 is probably about that only game with decent school buses in it. I have made a pretty large majority of them myself. However it seems the files don't work for everybody and I honestly don't know why.

I have been working on a few new ones over the past year or so and will add them to the download list when they are finished. They are:

* A new version of the 1999 Blue Bird International, now with an
interior

* A 1995 Blue Bird GMC CV200 also with an interior. This has a gas engine

* 1983 Blue Bird GMC, my old bus with yellow seats and all, LOL

* A better version of the 2008 Blue Bird Vision that was released last year

It will be awhile until they are released and I can't promise that they won't have the same loading issues as the older files. Stay tuned

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 02/24/2008 09:41:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  10:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBlueBird83

MM2 is probably about that only game with decent school buses in it. I have made a pretty large majority of them myself. However it seems the files don't work for everybody and I honestly don't know why.

I have been working on a few new ones over the past year or so and will add them to the download list when they are finished. They are:

* A new version of the 1999 Blue Bird International, now with an
interior

* A 1995 Blue Bird GMC CV200 also with an interior. This has a gas engine

* 1983 Blue Bird GMC, my old bus with yellow seats and all, LOL

* A better version of the 2008 Blue Bird Vision that was released last year

It will be awhile until they are released and I can't promise that they won't have the same loading issues as the older files. Stay tuned

Lee, what program do you use to edit the models, the skins, and make the models? I'd love to download it and give it a shot, I've done some pretty decent work in other modeling programs.

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  10:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I still haven't tried everything, and will keep trying new things to get them to work...I REALLY want that Ky Wayne! Anyway, I cant wait to see the new buses, even if they won't work for me!

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  2:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I use Z-Modeler V1.7 for the 3Dbody, Paint.net V3.10 for the textures and Goldwave V5.30 for the sounds. The first two programs are free but the sound program was $40 or $50 but worth it IMO. Now for some screen shots of bus 83:

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  5:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NICE!! Is that available for download yet?

Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  7:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazing! :)

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

NICE!! Is that available for download yet?

Nope, not yet. I originally designed the body to have a left side center emergency door so I need to correct the fact the the rear left door has a sash through it and the center window does not. I also have to fix the seats. Not only are they sorta funky looking but the real bus 83 had the 4-2 New Jersey style seating setup. A few other minor details need to be address as well but those are the major ones.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  08:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, cant wait!!

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  11:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I guess Brad told you that Jake disabled registration... but hope he also told you that there are a few other sites like that that you can register at immediatly.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  2:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

Hey Sam. I want to sign up for http://www.busrp.smfnew.com/index.php?www but the register won't let me. Can you help by chance?

Thank Vista 149. I was so pumped to get registered and I now have to wait.

Send me an message and I will get you hooked up. Due to some people abusing our registration system, you must contact me personally to get an account. I perfer over AIM, my AIM is listed in my profile.

I'd be happy to get any more members, we're off to an awesome start already! Also, don't trust the word of the mouth, a lot of people have started forum wars over my RP on SBC... yeah.. Those are the people who take a small issue and blow it out of proportion. I have my reasoning for taking my measures to secure my RP, and I will continue to do them.

Anyway, sorry about the delay, I was out of town last week. Mike should have been up with the activations, but you know how that goes.

Edited by - Jake on 06/15/2008 2:35:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2008 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

Yikes! I only have email.

ktaylor1214@hotmail.com

I sent ya one!
Go to Top of Page

fsdrvr

United States
35 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  05:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rigs on Rods seems like a pretty cool driving simulator. You can download a bus skin to it. I can't get it working on my computer as of right now, but you can try it. Best of all, it's FREE! It runs on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux!

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jordanl102@yahoo.com

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit jordanl102@yahoo.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, i was wondering if you knew any sites or apps to download such as a school bus drivng game?
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  1:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordanl102@yahoo.com

Hello, i was wondering if you knew any sites or apps to download such as a school bus drivng game?

Please read through this thread and look at the links already suggested. There have been no new bus video games released to my knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  1:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, there is BusDriver
busdrivergame.com

Midtown Madness 2
You can buy this at Amazon. School buses can be downloaded from...
mm2c.com
mm2x.com
Lee's site^^

Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  4:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
TML Studios just came out with a bus game...City Bus Simulator 2010.
http://www.citybussimulator.com/index.php?id=236&L=1
The game is very realistic, and accurately models the buses. It is fun to play, but has some downsides;
1) There is only one route. This will be fixed later this year with the release of a (free) route editor
2) As it is based in the city, alot of time is spent waiting at red lights
But other than that it is a good game with great potential.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  1:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

TML Studios just came out with a bus game...City Bus Simulator 2010.
http://www.citybussimulator.com/index.php?id=236&L=1
The game is very realistic, and accurately models the buses. It is fun to play, but has some downsides;
1) There is only one route. This will be fixed later this year with the release of a (free) route editor
2) As it is based in the city, alot of time is spent waiting at red lights
But other than that it is a good game with great potential.

Amazing. How hard would it be to mod a school bus for that game?
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2009 :  3:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From what I have seen it is about the same as Rigs of Rods...there are nodes and beams, as well as a mesh required. It would be possible though...
I will post this on the RoR forums and see if I can get some people behind this. Since the modding is similar, we could get some pretty good buses...
Also, the more people that buy the more likelihood there is of a followup game, or even another company getting in on this...

What I would really like to see is a country map...I just can't stand waiting at lights, lol.

Go to Top of Page

2007ICCE200

34 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  5:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit 2007ICCE200's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only bus game I have id Bus Driver, and it doesn't work for me.
Go to Top of Page

2007ICCE200

34 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  5:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 2007ICCE200's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What i the cheat for the IHC school bus Need for Speed II?
Go to Top of Page

2007ICCE200

34 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  5:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit 2007ICCE200's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"is"
xD
Go to Top of Page

yzybus

1 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  09:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yzybus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello School Bus lovers! A new member here but I've been visiting this forum almost each day for many years!

If you're in search for a decent school bus to drive in a video game, TML Studios (Germany) will offer you this opportunity pretty soon!

Their next bus sim titled "Bus & Cablecar Simulator" will include, among many other vehicles, a type C model. Have a look:

http://www.buscablecarsimulator.com/index.php?id=624&L=1

If some of you are familiar with their first bus sim "City Bus Simulator 2010 New York", you know that TML produces high quality sims.
Go to Top of Page

bennymaeker

4 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2012 :  09:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit bennymaeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi.
Has anyone some american School Busses for Midtown Madness 2? All busses I have found, are offline, or unavailable. When someone have an MM2 School bus pls pm me for e-mail adress. or when anywhere is an working Downloadside, it whould be very nice if you can give me that link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000