Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

Lee is this game at stores now? Either I'm blind or I just dont' see the info on that site. I like the looks of that game though! Very realistic looking, hopefully the sounds and actions are too.

You're not blind mike. There is no release info yet. I read on some forum that the game has been delayed a few times, I guess its just really complex. Hopefully it will be ready some time this year.
Go to Top of Page

jooniper

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  6:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit jooniper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys!

While I was doing my weekly Google-ing search for site updates, I came across this video game.

http://m.1asphost.com/thaiharrypotter/g2.htm

It is the Harry Potter Bus Run it is off the DVD; just let it load an play all you want. You have to drop people off.

Just thought it would be interesting to some of ya's.

-June

Webmaster for CASTO-One.org ( http://www.casto-one.org )
* CASTO: Chapter #1 *
Where It All Began
Go to Top of Page

ic-corp95

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  3:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit ic-corp95's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol i emailed microsoft about a school bus simulator like the flight simulator, and i have not still got a reply back.

its coming....the 2013 LC CE!
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  4:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ah I just noticed Lee has stubled upon one of my other hobbies, truck driving simulators.

They've been around for 4-5 years now. Started out as Hard Truck, Hard Truck 2, Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel, Hard Truck: 18 Wheels Across America, and the latest, 18 Wheels of Steel Pedal to the Metal. I own all of the games, and have loved playing them. The game play is of course most realistic in the latest game, Pedal to the Metal. The game consists of working your way through the trucking industry. You deliver trailers across the U.S. making money to buy upgraded trucks, and features. Very fun and realistic.

The best place to learn about these games is at a place called TruckPol. http://truckpol.republika.pl/main.html
Most of the trucking simulator web sites are not in the U.S. even though that's where the games take place.

Their forum http://truckpol.proboards35.com/index.cgi has information on just about all of the games I mentioned, information on release dates, and downloads for the games. (you must register to view the topics and replies, it's easy to register and if you're interested in the games it'll be worth your time) Pedal to the Metal is the first trucking simulator where you can coustom build vehicles, such as in Midtown Madness 2, as talked about earlier in this topic. (R.I.P.) There have even been a few buses created for the game. Even though you can drive them doors do not operate, there arent many residential areas to create your own bus routes, and warning lights do not operate, people that are into the games really don't care about the specifics of school buses or if they do have tried and failed at trying to make them operate.

In the makings right now is Rig 'N' Roll, as Lee talked about, and another version of 18 Wheels of Steel (part 4). Both games seem to be promising, and EXTREMELY realistic, in the way of graphics, and game play both. Rig 'N' Roll takes place in California. Part 4 of 18 Wheels of Steel has had very little information released as to what the game will be like, or where it will take place ect.

But as I said you could register at that forum, TruckPol, and have access to much more information that what I have talked about. With games like these I hope we're a little closer to getting our school bus simulator, one of these days.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's The Tom/Freight in C2:

Sure! I'll pick your kid up closer to the house... Widen your front door!

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"
Go to Top of Page

the_bus_drivn_man

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Send the_bus_drivn_man an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Some games have buses in them and you can drive them.
1. Driver 2
2. All the Grand Theft Auto

There not that good but at least it is a bus. haha. they do need to make a bus simulator tho, they have every other kind of simulator.

Matt
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  12:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know remeber some!!

On Need For Speed II Their is a cheat to drive a 1980s IHC? Blue Bird. I believe it is only for Playstation (the cheat).

On SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack, You can drive a school bus to school before time runs out due to its late.

Simcity 3000, has a school bus on the road, but you cant drive it. I think it is very stupid due to it runs over people at times. Besides, trains stop for people crossing the tracks, and vheicles. LOL.

~Jake~

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  1:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there used to be an arcade game that I remember if you unlocked a second set of vehicles one was a 1980s Ward GMC. I remember this from back when I went to arcades many years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  1:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also look at these:
www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/169454/Action/FullPreview
(1990s IHC Blue Bird)

www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/184526/Action/FullPreview
1990s GMC Blue Bird/ Wayne

www.amazing3d.com/services/autbusm1.html
2000s FreightLiner Blue Bird - Best one of all!

www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/204020/Action/FullPreview
1980s IHC Wayne/ Some Blue Bird

www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/171311/Action/FullPreview
1990s IHC Blue Bird in very run down condition

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/239303/SID/169454/blFP/1
1990s GMC Blue Bird - TONS of detail
~Jake~

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!

Edited by - Jake on 07/06/2005 1:17:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  4:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any new bus games out their?

I remember someone mentioning a "bus driving game" coming out in December.

Any word?

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  5:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can somebody help me ... I downloaded the bus and it doesn't show up on my Midtown Madness list of cars. Winrar has three files in it, including the bus.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

Hotel's Ford Girardin

Edited by - OperationsM on 11/04/2006 6:47:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogbert

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  5:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Any new bus games out their?

I remember someone mentioning a "bus driving game" coming out in December.

Any word?

~Jake~

Rig'n'Roll has a bus in it that you can drive. Something about a beta in December and then coming out next year i believe.
http://rignroll.com

Edited by - Dogbert on 11/04/2006 5:51:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is it. That TC2000 looks COOL!
http://www.busdrivergame.com/

http://www.busdrivergame.com/busdriver.jpg

~Jake~

Yellow & Black
Go to Top of Page

93CarpFord#11
Top Member

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  6:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit 93CarpFord#11's Homepage  Send 93CarpFord#11 an AOL message  Click to see 93CarpFord#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 93CarpFord#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait til that game does come out. When it does, I'm gonna buy it.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  6:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope its real. It sounds like possibly a "spoof" or something fake. It doesn't give ANY detail on the game, etc.

~Jake~

Yellow & Black
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  05:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Haha no it's real as far as I know. http://truckpol.proboards35.com/ that web site has a whole section for it, it's mainly for trucking sims but because SCS Software (who makes trucking games) is creating it they decided to add a section for it - Have to register to read it though.

Edited by - Chris on 11/05/2006 05:28:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

BBGMC2003_16

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  7:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that game sounds pretty cool. I'll be sure and get it.

New district, new bus!
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also looking forward to this game but until then I guess Midtown Madness 2 will have to do. As some of you know, I've been developing a Thomas C2 for MM2 and I'm almost done with it. Here is a short video I made of it in the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAh04EexWr8

And some screen shots:

Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  1:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GMCBLUEBIRD, that would be great! I play that game too. You did a great job on designing the dashboard; I really like it. Just a suggestion - would you be able to make the speedometer clearer, light up at night, and lights that actually brighten up the road in front of the vehicle at night? I don't even know if it's possible but it difenitely would be awesome!

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  1:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks GREAT! I wish I had that game.

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  2:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

GMCBLUEBIRD, that would be great! I play that game too. You did a great job on designing the dashboard; I really like it. Just a suggestion - would you be able to make the speedometer clearer, light up at night, and lights that actually brighten up the road in front of the vehicle at night? I don't even know if it's possible but it difenitely would be awesome!

I'm glad you like it so far. There is a way to make the dash light up but I have no clue on how to do it, LOL. I am trying to make the gauges a bit clearer but I'm having problems getting the needles to move on the correct axis as it is and making the textures larger seems to make matters worse. Plus the steering wheel is upside down and the fix is not as simple as you would think.
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  2:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and the front wheels stick out too much - but still, great job!

Hotel's Ford Girardin

Edited by - OperationsM on 11/11/2006 2:33:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  5:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you really want it, you will be able to find some on e-bay for $10.

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2 is ready for download!
http://schoolbusenthusiast.com/AAAAA_MM2/MM2_vehicle_downloads.html
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  1:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW! All the variety! I so need to get this game!

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  6:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah it didn't work for me either. What did you use to open it?

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  7:25:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow Lee, thats a pretty impressive download list! I probably should re-download all those buses that you have so when I do multiplayer the game won't tell me I'm cheating lol. Looking foward to the Coming-Soon buses as well!

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  8:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Yeah it didn't work for me either. What did you use to open it?

I use WinRar or WinZip and both work fine for me. It seems the bus isn't working for anyone though other than myself. Some guys in the MM2 forums are having the same problems. I'm hoping one of the more experienced people on there can steer me in the right direction. Until then don't download any of the buses.
Go to Top of Page

Dogbert

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  9:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with the standard Windows compression, but then i tried WinRAR and it had no problem.
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  6:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Mtirv, set up a date and time and I'll see if I can game it up with ya, I only have my baby right now (the Carp-Ford) because I deleted all the other buses lol. Anyway yeah drop me a line @ SuperiorFreak06@Aol.Com and I'll cruise around with ya.

Go to Top of Page

Allamericanre
Advanced Member

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

I have emailed ValuSoft the creators of the Hard Truck series, but they don't reply.

ValuSoft/SCS software are working on "Bus Driver" for PC.

www.busdrivergame.com

http://www.flickr.com/groups/schoolbus/

Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  5:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lets go for Sunday evening about 7-oclock. I can't host because I can never find the correct IP-address, but if someone wants to host and let people join that'd be cool. Just hopefully we all have buses compadable with each other lol. That'll be fun if we don't Also for you people who want to practice your bus driving skills, I have spent the time to create bus routes (all are about 10-13 minutes long) and all start from the same location. I haven't gotten around to making actual stops (pickup & drop off locations), but you can do that if you please. If you'd like me to send you a map of SanFrancisco with the bus routes, email me and I'll do so. Trust me I spent a long time making those routes lol (and I'm sorry if a couple routes are going the wrong way on a road or two...my map didn't have the arrows on it lol). Later.

Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2006 :  8:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the thing with cruising with other MM2 people? How is it done? Maybe I'll join you in the game ! - if I have time

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  5:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus Driver game shots of SCHOOL BUSES:
http://www.scssoft.com/pic/busdriver-screenshot-17.php
www.scssoft.com/pic/busdriver-screenshot-15.php
http://www.scssoft.com/pic/busdriver-screenshot-20.php

What the heck! Everyone gets *nice* lookin buses, halfway realisitc, and us bus drivers (school) get this!

~Jake~

Edited by - Jake on 12/26/2006 6:11:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  7:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least it sorta resembles a B700 with that grill, and a S-Series with the hood/headlights lol. And it's kinda like a Wayne with a small roofcap. My guess is they couldn't actually design a normal looking school bus because "The Big Three" wouldn't allow them the rights to. Just my guess.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000