Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  09:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to edit a reply-hit the wrong button...looking now for the pics.
Maybe tonight I'll have something to show ya.

Sure! I'll pick your kid up closer to the house... Widen your front door!

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"

Edited by - YardBird on 01/10/2004 09:43:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2004 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds great, no rush

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

Driver_Dirk

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  01:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Driver_Dirk's Homepage  Click to see Driver_Dirk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't see them around a lot any more but the "Cursing the USA "or "Cursing the World" arcade games (I don't rember which one) when you are selecting the car to race if you push one of the "change view" buttons it changes the cars and you can choose a school bus or a tractor trailer to race intsead. Pump the gas peddel fast 2 times in a row and the bus will pop a wheely!
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  05:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
both games had school buses

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  06:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do you get the school bus in those games - like the arcade ones? You just push the view buttons - LMAO!!! I hafta try that next time I play one - thanks! LOL

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

KZeni

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  12:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit KZeni's Homepage  Send KZeni an AOL message  Click to see KZeni's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YardBird
ATM, I just have the models built and skinned for C2. I don't have MM2-just MM1 and the models for that game are pretty simple anyway-mostly just shells.
The Carma-freaks wanted some buses to trash in their games so I built 'em a 1997 Thomas/IH conventional, a 1993 Bluebird TC2000 and an '03 Thomas Freightliner.
These are detailed models with interiors and fairly detailed engines-you guys'd hafta strip out most of the detail to run the shells in MM.

Soon as I find 'em and un 'em thru CarEd-I'll post 'em here.

Yes, MM1 has a poly limit, and a texture limit, and a limit for amount of polies using one texutre.
But, MM2 has no limitation of any sort. You can put whatever you want in it. The format is rather easy to do. I could get a vehicle ingame in under 5 min. (w/ proper model provided)

http://www.benfolds.com Ben Folds > Sliced Bread
Go to Top of Page

Driver_Dirk

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2004 :  3:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Driver_Dirk's Homepage  Click to see Driver_Dirk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

How do you get the school bus in those games - like the arcade ones? You just push the view buttons - LMAO!!! I hafta try that next time I play one - thanks! LOL

Ya, when it brings up all the sports cars to chooes from just push one of the "change view" buttons and turn the wheel to select the bus.
Go to Top of Page

jettahomework1355

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  2:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they do come out with a School Bus Video Game, they should at least put a Blue Bird All American and A Thomas Saf-T Liner on there. Blue Bird and Thomas Saf-T Liner School Buses are my favorite. Who else would like at least one of these bus to be put on a Video Game?
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  3:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
An All American, HDX, and EF are available for Midtown Madness 2. There is a picture of them in another one of my posts to this topic.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  5:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There should be all kinds of school buses on that game.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  6:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The ideal school bus driving game would have pretty much every school bus ever built, that would be great.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  7:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with ya BusMan06 - you would have to have all the kinds possible from like 1980 on so to say.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  7:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Then the game would have to be upgradable, so new buses can be added when they come out

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  07:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got to play Crusin USA yesterday at a roller rink - OMG I couldn't stop playing that game once I found the bus - I broke records, got 1st a few times and had a crowd of people watching me - it was just good ole fun! Thanks for sharing that info about that game - lol - I shall never drive a car on there again lol.

Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  09:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with BusMan06.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
At a bowling place near me, they have a truck driving game, its somthing like 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker, if anybodys played that before, you race with other truckers to beat them, trying not to damage your cargo. Its not as realistic as Hard Truck, but its fun, anyway, the bowling place has this game, and instead of having a normal wheel, and some pedals, it has a booth you go into, it has a hute steering wheel, that doesnt turn half way, and rip back, it turns way farther, and is free moving. Theres also a CB, the game said it worked, but I didnt understand how, it also had some other buttons, and things found in semi's. The school bus simulator game would be neat if it had somthing like that too, like, an in-cab view, where you're in a cab

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  7:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BusMan06 I've played that truckin game many of times cuz it's at an arcade I like to go to durin the summer. I like turning the big steering wheel - hehe. As one one emailed software companies about the simulater recently?

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2004 :  8:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would sure like to have one of those set up in my basement! hahaha

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  6:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone with Midtown Madness 2, another school bus has came out. A '97 Thomas MVP EF. However there isnt a "SCHOOL BUS" option, you can get "SPECIAL" though.

http://www.sportlifegoa.com/cars4.html

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2004 :  6:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

For anyone with Midtown Madness 2, another school bus has came out. A '97 Thomas MVP EF. However there isnt a "SCHOOL BUS" option, you can get "SPECIAL" though.

yes it does have a school bus option and a special. Both in English and French.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  12:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasbusesforever

quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

yes it does have a school bus option and a special. Both in English and French.

I think you may have this bus (which does have "SCHOOL BUS" in english) confused with this bus (that doesnt have an english "SCHOOL BUS" option)
The bottom one is the new bus available. If anyone with MM2 every wants to drive a school bus sometime, feel free to ask me, I love driving them in the game.

My Personal Fleet

Edited by - Chris on 03/10/2004 12:36:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  12:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Key KZeni, does the vehicle have to be textured to be put into MM2? I have a model of a 1987 Thomas Chevy, but zModeler won't let me texture it. Do you think you could put it ingame? (I'm having it textured by someone else).

Go to Top of Page

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  3:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silas J.

Key KZeni, does the vehicle have to be textured to be put into MM2? I have a model of a 1987 Thomas Chevy, but zModeler won't let me texture it. Do you think you could put it ingame? (I'm having it textured by someone else).

Hey, Silas. I'll trade ya an '03 Thomas/Freightliner for an '87 Thomas Chevy....
C2 can always use more buses {:D]

Found one pic from the 'still under construction' stage..
I've since redone the front roof header/sos lights and trimmed the nose a bit.

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"

Edited by - YardBird on 03/10/2004 3:35:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  4:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hey that pretty nice.

Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody inquired lately to the simulator companies if they could do something for us bus peoples or not? I'm just curious cuz I haven't seen this topic in quite awhile. And that Thomas/Freightliner looks kinda nice, I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I mean a 3D model of a 87 Thomas - hehe - I wish they made models of those

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2004 :  12:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh, nevermind..lol..i'll send it to you if you want, feel free to improve it

Go to Top of Page

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  3:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I mean a 3D model of a 87 Thomas - hehe - I wish they made models of those

Yeah, Silas. That IS a 3D model of the Thomas/Freightliner-it's in a proggy called "CarEd" for Carmageddon.
I just took a screenie of it in-progress,not in-game.

I could import that '87 Thomas/Chevy just as easily.
C2 needs more buses

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What format do you prefer it to be in? I modeled the 87 in zModeler, and it's default saving mode is .z3d, but I can save it in .3ds if that will be compatible (or whatever other format you need).
Here it is:

Edited by - Silas J. on 03/12/2004 3:56:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  06:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What format do you prefer it to be in? I modeled the 87 in zModeler, and it's default saving mode is .z3d, but I can save it in .3ds if that will be compatible (or whatever other format you need).

.3ds is good, thanks.
I can convert to any of hundreds of formats from there. I have 3DS Max 3 so I can work with it there.
Is that just a shell (one component) or are there individual components that make up what I'm seeing?
Do you have the skin for it?

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2004 :  06:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It has no interior or engine (it was designed for use in MM1/MM2, so i kept it low-poly). The wheels are all separate objects from the body. Yes, I have all of the textures needed for it. I'll upload both the textures and model for you, I'll edit this when they are done.

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy25411

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2004 :  10:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Boy25411's Homepage  Send Bus Boy25411 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here it is:

If Possible I'd like to have the '87 International also. And could some one help me with Z modeler and desiging a bus for MM2 or MM1. I can't use Z modeler.

Favorite Buses:
1969 Crown SuperCoach
1984 Thomas GMC
1987 Ward International
1995 Wayne Ford
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  07:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I figured it was time to revisit this topic because yesterday I found something sorta interesting. Its an upcoming game called Rig'N'Roll. Although its been delayed a few times it looks like once it is finally released it will be pretty cool. From the screen shots I've seen the graphics look really great
The reason I even bring it up is because in addition to many trucks and a few cars this game will also feature a Freightliner school bus! They call it a Thomas but I don't think it looks like one but the Freightliner aspect of it is realistic enough. You can find out more here:
http://rignroll.com/

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 04/21/2005 07:38:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

TC3000

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  08:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Crusin USA

Speaking of that game, did the makers even get permission from GM to use the GMC 6000 cowl on their school buses? (if you look closely at the front of the bus the cowl is designed very similar to a GMC 6000)
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  5:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lee is this game at stores now? Either I'm blind or I just dont' see the info on that site. I like the looks of that game though! Very realistic looking, hopefully the sounds and actions are too.

Edited by - 98TomFord on 04/21/2005 6:52:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000