School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Status of the First Student-Laidlaw Merger?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  1:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew the status of the First Student-Laidlaw merger? I've heard some roomers and I'm trying to figure out what's true (If any of it) and what isn't. This is what I've heard:
1. The murger hasn't been completed because the government is involved for some reason...
2. Laidlaw actually baught First Student (First Group, I mean). This discussion came about in school today; a friend told me that his bus driver said that there local FS terminal was shutting down because of something to due with Laidlaw.

Does anyone know what's really going on?

Edited by - AMTK207 on 07/24/2007 2:20:59 PM

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  2:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's not "murger", it's "merger".

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

CPCSC_TD
Top Member

USA
657 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  2:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The governmenrt has been contacted but from there, I don't know anything.

First Group bought Laidlaw.

Rumors are rumors- some good, mostly bad though.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  2:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You're right on #1, AMTK207. I believe the government must reach a decision to approve/disapprove the merger no later than September 14, 2007.

As was stated above, FirstGroup is purchasing Laidlaw and assuming their outstanding debt obligations.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  4:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

It's not "murger", it's "merger".

Why, thank you!

Michael is blind, and I, for one think he's doing a great job here, typos and all!
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  5:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why are we being so picky about one or two typos on a forum? It's not an academic essay waiting to be graded.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  5:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyway, back on topic, I am interested to learn about this, if it happens would Laidlaw keep the name First Student as a division of Laidlaw or change it over?
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  5:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would assume that the merger is being delayed pending review by Uncle Sam (anti-trust issues).

But I'm sure that First Student has the K Street lobbying firms hard at work buying off the right people....and it'll happen.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  5:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
while we are on the topic, who started Laidlaw?, when?, and what were their first buses?
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC Kodie

while we are on the topic, who started Laidlaw?, when?, and what were their first buses?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laidlaw
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would assume that the merger is being delayed pending review by Uncle Sam (anti-trust issues).

Yup, you're correct, IC.

quote:
Anyway, back on topic, I am interested to learn about this, if it happens would Laidlaw keep the name First Student as a division of Laidlaw or change it over?

You will see First Student labeled on the sides of all "Laidlaw" buses if the deal goes through.
Go to Top of Page

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  05:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I sure hope they stick with the Laidlaw numbering system, the last digit of the number being the year the bus was built is a nice way to keep track of when a bus was built.
I've heard that my local Laidlaw terminal is in need of 50 drivers for this school year; so eather they're going to get a lot of routes because of First Student taking over or they've lost a lot of people.

First Student 224933: 2003 Thomas Minotour, T444E/7.3l Powerstroke Diesel engine, white roof/tinted windows, front/rear AC
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  09:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to be a driver for Laidlaw soon. Im going through the training as we speek. All the buses at the base were First Student last week. Now they are changing the lettering to Laidlaw.
I havent seen any numbers being changed yet, but they told me that all the First Student buses will be changed to the Laidlaw Numbers.

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  10:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would have to say FirstGroup is starting to get a little too big for a transport company. Didn't they just buy the EU portion of Greyhound also? This reminds me of all the airline mergers going on right now. They are all(airlines) broke as hell, but they can afford to buy out each other.

In my opinion, the government should not let this merger go through.

Do the world a favor and bring back GMC and Ford conventional chassis......

Go to Top of Page

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  3:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 78fordwayne

I am going to be a driver for Laidlaw soon. Im going through the training as we speek. All the buses at the base were First Student last week. Now they are changing the lettering to Laidlaw.
I havent seen any numbers being changed yet, but they told me that all the First Student buses will be changed to the Laidlaw Numbers.

The first student busses are being changed to Laidlaw? I thought it would've been the other way around.

First Student 224933: 2003 Thomas Minotour, T444E/7.3l Powerstroke Diesel engine, white roof/tinted windows, front/rear AC
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  3:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMTK207

quote:

The first student busses are being changed to Laidlaw? I thought it would've been the other way around.

Yup. Thats what there doing at the Cresthill Il. lot
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  4:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In a yard down the road, they are being marked as "First Laidlaw Inc.", "First Group Inc", and just simply FIRST.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 07/25/2007 6:12:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  10:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 80-RE4

In a yard down the road, they are being marked as "First Laidlaw Inc.", "First Group Inc", and just simply FIRST.

LAME! they probobly did the first and the third to save on decal cost

Edited by - dem84skeeprollinup on 07/25/2007 10:25:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  04:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AMTK207

quote:

Yup. Thats what there doing at the Cresthill Il. lot

Wow, you aren't too far from me then...I'm served by the Batavia, IL terminal.

Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  05:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dem84skeeprollinup

quote:

dems84: I have a confession:

I was only joking about the buses being labeled First Laidlaw, First Group and First. It's an early April's fools joke!

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 07/26/2007 05:34:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

dem84skeeprollinup
Top Member

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  08:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see dem84skeeprollinup's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I was only joking about the buses being labeled First Laidlaw, First Group and First. It's an early April's fools joke!

I think that MA water is starting to mess with your head. Years of mercury exposure makes one delerius

Go to Top of Page

MorrisV
Advanced Member

Canada
231 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  08:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit MorrisV's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting question. Will the merger still happen? I am not sure however it is a merger, I was thought it was First Group acquiring Laidlaw and not a merger. I was reading my Financial Post this morning and this was the cover story; http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gm-allison-financing-latest-delayed/story.aspx?guid=%7B169B1B8D-8CFC-4264-8941-41AE73DC8082%7D

Since this story was filed it seems the banks have come to the rescue of the Chrysler sale by keeping unsecured loans.http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/07/26/banks_rescue_chrysler_sale_to_cerberus/ It is all paper folks.

It does make one wonder if the recent interest rate increases puts this acquisition in jeopardy as well.
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  09:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think that MA water is starting to mess with your head. Years of mercury exposure makes one delerius

I'm sorry dems84, I just wanted to see who would fall for my trick

I am just getting better from being sick, so maybe it's the anti-biotics getting to my head! Btw, they are quite nasty tasting!

Anyways, I have been seeing more AmTran RE buses around here with the Laidlaw name still on them.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok This will make more scense...

This First Student base lost a huge contract to LaidLaw. So LaidLaw bought the 400 buses from First Student and are changing the names on them.

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  4:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't I read on these forums that the new company would be called First Laid Student....LOL
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  4:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC

Didn't I read on these forums that the new company would be called First Laid Student....LOL

I thought I was the first laid student..... Oh wait I was the last
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  07:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I understand, the transaction between First Group and Laidlaw is NOT complete.

(Correct me if I am wrong)

First Student is owned by First GROUP, UK. Laidlaw is owned by LAIDLAW Int., IL, US.

First Group, which owns First Student, wants to buy Laidlaw. Another request by the Anti-Trust division stalled the aquisition for at least another 30 days. You can find all of this information by going to Laidlaw's website or read the story pasted below.

The First Studentguy: I worked for Laidlaw for aprox. four years. We also had rules to follow as well, such as keeping our lights on all of the time, beeping before we backed up, checking our buses for sleeping children, (we used to hang a sign saying BUS EMPTY, until the child check systems were installed, and so forth)

We even used to have to radio whenever we backed: EX: Route 99 is backing. (Thankfully they realized it took too much air time, they stopped that requirment!)

One thing we didn't do was wear green vests. I guess that is a good idea while you're in the yard. I just know I would take it off once I got in the driver's seat because I wouldn't like the feeling of it on me while I was driving.

Laidlaw and FirstGroup Comply with Second Request and Allow Department of Justice Additional Time to Review Transaction

NAPERVILLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 11, 2007--Laidlaw International, Inc. (NYSE: LI) announced today that it has, together with FirstGroup plc ("FirstGroup"), entered into a timing agreement with the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice ("Antitrust Division") in connection with FirstGroup's proposed acquisition of Laidlaw. As previously disclosed, each of Laidlaw and FirstGroup received "Second Requests" from the Antitrust Division which extended the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (the "HSR Act") until 30 days after both parties "substantially complied" with the Second Request. Both parties certified their substantial compliance with the Second Requests as of July 6, 2007.

At the Antitrust Division's request, Laidlaw and FirstGroup have agreed to provide the Antitrust Division with additional time beyond the 30 day waiting period under the HSR Act in which to complete their review of the proposed transaction. Specifically, the parties have agreed to give the Antitrust Division 30 days notice of their intention to close the proposed transaction and that they will not provide that notice earlier than August 15, 2007. Effectively, unless the Antitrust Division agrees to allow the parties to complete the transaction earlier, the closing cannot take place earlier than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 14, 2007. Laidlaw and First Group remain committed to working with the Antitrust Division as it conducts its review of the merger and to completing the merger.

As previously announced, on February 8, 2007, Laidlaw entered into a merger agreement with FirstGroup under which FirstGroup will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Laidlaw for $35.25 per share in cash. FirstGroup has informed the Company it is their current intention to extend the first date on which either party may terminate the merger agreement until November 8, 2007, in accordance with the terms of the merger agreement.

Certain statements contained in this press release, including statements that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements made under the safe-harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of terminology such as: believe, hope, may, anticipate, should, intend, plan, will, expect, estimate, continue, project, positioned, strategy and similar expressions. Such statements involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that include, but are not limited to:

-- Risks and uncertainties related to the proposed merger with
FirstGroup, including but not limited to receiving approval
from the required regulatory agencies as well as the
satisfaction of other customary closing conditions;

-- Economic and other market factors, including competitive
pressures and changes in pricing policies;

-- The ability to implement initiatives designed to increase
operating efficiencies or improve results;

-- Costs and risks associated with litigation and indemnification
obligations;

-- Changes in interpretations of existing, or the adoption of
new, legislation, regulations or other laws;

-- The potential for rising labor costs and actions taken by
organized labor unions;

-- Continued increases in prices of fuel and potential shortages;

-- Control of costs related to accident and other risk management
claims;

-- Terrorism and other acts of violence;

-- The ability to produce sufficient future taxable income to
allow us to recover our deferred tax assets;

-- The ability to pay dividends;

-- Potential changes in the mix of businesses we operate;

-- The inability to earn sufficient returns on pension plan
assets thus requiring increased funding; and

-- Other risks and uncertainties described in Laidlaw's filings
with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual outcomes may vary materially from those indicated. In light of these risks and uncertainties you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Laidlaw undertakes no obligation to publicly update forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. You are advised, however, to consult any further disclosures Laidlaw makes on related subjects as may be detailed in Laidlaw's other filings made from time to time with the SEC.

Laidlaw International, Inc. is a holding company for North America's largest providers of school and inter-city bus transport services and a leading supplier of public transit services. The company's businesses operate under the brands: Laidlaw Education Services, Greyhound Lines, Greyhound Canada and Laidlaw Transit. The company's shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LI). For more information on Laidlaw, visit the website: www.laidlaw.com.

Jeff McDougle
Vice President, Treasurer
Phone: 630-848-3146

SOURCE: Laidlaw International, Inc.

http://www.laidlaw.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=145371&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=1024826&highlight=

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 07/28/2007 07:27:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  1:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

First Student bought laidlaw. I have seen some Laidlaw buses here and there starting to follow some of our bus rules: head lights always on, child check, chock bus, windows half way down, bus empty signs, and more. Our copmany just bought out Laidlaw in Chester, NH, and whatever companies in Kingston and Freemont, NH. If Laidlaw bought First Student, that would be a huge mistake! I listen to a Laidlaw company on my scanner and they break many rules. Once, a mini bus took a group out and the bus was way overloaded and he said to the dispatcher that if he went to get another bus, they would be really late for their game. The dispatcher said that it was ok and to just "BE CAREFUL." If a student does not get off at a stop, the bus turns around right away to bring them back before completing their route. If a student's parent is not there, the bus driver releases that student to a neighbor and trusts them to take care of them. I also hear bus drivers children talking on the radio too. That is why Laidlaw would be a mistake!

What are FS's polocies in the situations you described?

Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  7:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

First Student bought laidlaw. I have seen some Laidlaw buses here and there starting to follow some of our bus rules: head lights always on, child check, chock bus, windows half way down, bus empty signs, and more. Our copmany just bought out Laidlaw in Chester, NH, and whatever companies in Kingston and Freemont, NH. If Laidlaw bought First Student, that would be a huge mistake! I listen to a Laidlaw company on my scanner and they break many rules. Once, a mini bus took a group out and the bus was way overloaded and he said to the dispatcher that if he went to get another bus, they would be really late for their game. The dispatcher said that it was ok and to just "BE CAREFUL." If a student does not get off at a stop, the bus turns around right away to bring them back before completing their route. If a student's parent is not there, the bus driver releases that student to a neighbor and trusts them to take care of them. I also hear bus drivers children talking on the radio too. That is why Laidlaw would be a mistake!

Hold on here, my district was under Laidlaw (thats because they bought Dufour), and let me tell you that never happened in Torrington, what you described, mangement would have never allowed any of this to happen. What you described goes under very poor mangement, and the falt for the overloaded bus is the school. If a child could not get off the bus, the child would come back after the route. I knew and know how Laidlaw operated in Torrington, it is still under the same mangement today. (even though Laidlaw is gone for good!)

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

School Bus M8
Top Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  04:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit School Bus M8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know what Laidlaw uses for safety rules, but First Student has many safety rules from the buses to the students. Ex.: All buses have to check for sleeping children,post their sign, make sure no food is on the bus in case of allergic reactions, bus drivers to wear safety vests (a bus driver got hit in the lot once) and I could go on forever, but my piont is that First Student would be a good company because they want everyone to be safe.

They want everyone to be safe? They just don't want to be sued. It's all about making money for them and thats it. If they want everyone to be safe in our yard they can start by replacing these buses we have to drive in. Brake problems/failures, overheating problems, reverse lights and beeper going off while driving foward, speedometers getting stuck(it may work right then all of a sudden it will get stuck and you could be going much faster than it tells you, not as many safety meetings,inadequete maintenence, I could go on and on but I dont want it to come back to bite me.

I have a feeling if they buy Laidlaw one of two things will happen either:

1)Since First Student will not really have any competition anymore they will spend money on buying better equipment, maintaining it better and bring back the monthly safety meetings. Hopefully the work conditions will improve too(enormous potholes,upgrade from an out house to a real bathroom with a faucet)

OR

2)Continue to allow what happens in my yard. That is; coninue to let poorly maintained buses transport students to and from school, only do the required safety meetings, shush the employees as much as possible(especially to the public), continue buying cheap eqiupment and boost the transportation cost up because of no competition all the while making the company money.

If they choose option 1 and throw in some better health insurance( as required by state law) then thats great. If they choose option 2 than I would hope that school districts will persue buying or leasing their own fleet.
Go to Top of Page

AMTK207

United States
110 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  09:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit AMTK207's Homepage  Send AMTK207 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to agree with Tyler about Laidlaw, at least in my area. If someone other then a family member or legal gardian wants to get a student off the bus, the driver is required to radio in to base with the person's name and then the dispatcher will check with the school. If the person is not aloud to receive the child off the bus, the bus will continue on it's way and return the child to school, no questions asked.

I realize that not all Laidlaw terminals are the same; what holds true for one terminal may not hold true for another. It all comes down to our personal experiences, and I personally have no doubts about Laidlaw's operations being substandard in Kyle's area.

Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  09:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a former employee of Laidlaw Transit, from 2001 to 2005, there were several common sense rules we had to follow. Sometimes I don't think it's the name of the company that is written on the side of the bus, but the operator.

No matter what company you work for, safety is the number one goal.

Some instances, if a neighbor that we knew well was available to take the child, we would get permission to release that child to that parent. For example: If I knew that "MaryBeth" and "Molly" were friends (parents), and both of their children rode the bus, and for some reason "MaryBeth" was running late or not at the stop and I knew "Molly" because her child rode my bus, and the parent was offering to watch the child until the other mom "Molly" got home, I would ask "base" for permission, and depending on what the answer is, allow it or not allow it.

Obviously, we won't drop off a child to a stranger. They are in our care and we must make sure that they are dropped to the correct person. I would hope that is true for any company, be it Laidlaw, First Student, Durham, Peach Bus Company, Orange Bus Company, Blueberry Bus Company, Strawberry Bus Inc., etc.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  1:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know what Laidlaw uses for safety rules, but First Student has many safety rules from the buses to the students. Ex.: All buses have to check for sleeping children,post their sign, make sure no food is on the bus in case of allergic reactions, bus drivers to wear safety vests (a bus driver got hit in the lot once) and I could go on forever, but my piont is that First Student would be a good company because they want everyone to be safe.

We discussed why First Student and Durham wear the yellow vests, because someone was not paying attention - the driver or the person who got hit, plus if the driver did the right thing, the person who got hit should have heard the beeping noise. This occured in England.

So your saying no one is on the level of Safety as First Student is? If that is so, then you are wrong, those safety rules (except the vests) can be found everywhere.

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  2:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who lacks the intelligence to avoid getting run over by a school bus in a school bus yard, probably lacks the intelligence necessary to safely drive a school bus.

I like having the green vest in the event of a breakdown in dark or low-light situations. But it's started to get very annoying having to stand in front of my closet every morning and think "Does this go with flourescent green?" It's also annoying knowing that I have to wear my vest just to walk, in broad daylight, from the door of my bus to the porta-potty.

(For those who don't know, FS requires the vests be worn at all times while walking outside on company or school property, and be carried in the driver's area on every company vehicle while driving.)
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  4:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus724

It's also annoying knowing that I have to wear my vest just to walk, in broad daylight, from the door of my bus to the porta-potty.

lol sorry i just had to laugh at the one.

Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  1:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The acquisition is not approved yet by The Anti-Trust Division.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000