New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had any issues with the overflow tanking rusting out on and FS 65. We have a bunch of 2000-2007 models that are totally corroded and a couple that have rusted through completely. With exception of the 2005 year models.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  07:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've seen it, but not bad enough to warrant replacement yet. Now we had to replace numerious ones on our '89-'95 Internationals (same tank I do believe), so I suspect the FS65's will meet the same fate.

I wonder if you could order the metal to plastic tank retrofit kit from IH and install it on the Freightliner?
Go to Top of Page

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah we have a bunch of Freightliners with that coolant tank and we have had to replace virtually every one of them due to rust. The coolant gets funky too and it doesn't seem to matter what coolant you use.We have Cat and Mercedes engines with cruddy coolant and it's OEM. Don't know if the IH tank will fit but it's probably worth a try.
Go to Top of Page

hastings

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit hastings's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is the same tank #1619114c5. Shameless plug time..... Michigan Bus Parts (734)479-4805 $66.00

Matt Hastingshttp://www.michiganbusparts.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000