New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  12:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the air temp sensor breaks off, will it make the boost pressure read 0? I'm going to replace the broken temp sensor when it comes in the mail. I have to bring this bus back home 150 miles. Should I go ahead and replace the boost sensor as well? Are they troublesome? Bus driver said it has no power. 2000 TC2000

Edited by - Wolf0r on 11/07/2008 2:34:30 PM

L.J.D

United States
173 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  06:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
imnot sure about the air temp sensor but a bad boost sensor will make it feel flat, no power. very rarely, almost never did the boost sensor set a code.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I replaced the broken temp sensor, but still had the 0 boost off idle. I knew the turbo was functioning so I replaced the pressure sensor (MAP). That fixed all my code errors. I also fixed a leaking hose between the VP pump and filter. Now I get up to 21 psi boost and it will climb hills with no effort.

The shop up north before me had put a new VP pump, lift pump, and ECU. They charged the guy close to $3000 and it still ran like crap.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000