New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  7:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. My bus yard has had fight after fight with certain drivers. Just these past two weeks, four bus drivers got into a tis. This one talks about that one and so forth. I feel like it's high school all over again. I just want to tell them to grow up, but don't say a thing. I avoid being at my bus yard as much as possible, grab my keyes in the morning and I don't return till 4 pm, but I hear from this one what's going on. It is so sad in my opinion, that these ADULTS cannot act like adults. I am rarely at the bus depot, but sometimes I would like to hang around, and talk with my fellow employees, but it is difficult when all they do is fight and talk about one another.

I just needed to vent. Anyone else deal with this? I am so glad that there is a website and forum like this.

Happy 2003
My 1996 Amtran RE kicks but ;-)

KMM
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  06:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Send KMM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I honestly believe you will find this at most anyplace you go to work. Some a bit more drastic than others. The best advise I can give you is to either listen and ignore or to walk away from the conversation if you do not approve of what is being said. They will get the point. If you voice your opinion, you open yourself to being the next topic of discussion sometimes.

It is OK to have friends at work and talk to those friends. Other people have friends that talk in their groups too. This forms cliques which is not always a bad thing. Just when the friendly cliques turn not so friendly and feel like they have to compete with each other is when adults become children in their own selfish ways.

Just keep to your friends and avoid gossip type conversation and you will be alright. I know, easier said than done but it is possible.

Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  2:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang in there. Kmm gives good advice. What makes driving rewarding is the kids.

PHW

Child Check For Life

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000