School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Who has a "close your eyes Don't look" route?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  9:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who in here has a route like this.
A route that you have many narrow roads, some that you can't see more then 6 feet in front of you because or the way the road curves? I say a prayer each time before I head up the hill, it is much worse due to all the snow. I say to myself "please don't be a car coming the other way because only one of us can fit" It is a road that clearly should be a one way, but can't be because of the location and design.

Happy 2003
My 1996 Amtran RE kicks but ;-)

mr.dave
Advanced Member

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  07:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds a lot like a string from last year about cul-du-sacs. Try to keep stops on the main road. Let the kids come down the hill where possible. If you must drive on a narrow, or site impaired road go slow and easy. By the way make sure what your driving on are real roads, and not connected driveways. Of course the final say goes to management, but the final responsibility for the safty of the children is yours. May god bless

shalom dave

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  08:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well,that sounds about like the road I live on,which is very narrow,and has some ver steep hills and sharp curves..We've about ran over a bunch of cars on the bus.
Silas J.

http://www.geocities.com/schoolbusarchives

Go to Top of Page

stock-albany-220

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  09:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the problem that you have sound like a route out in the country where on most of the dirt roads there is omly enough room for one vehicle even in the warm weather but i not suer how your run is set up but in the winter on a dirt road it is even more dangerous cause you have ditches on the side of the roads and you could easily slide into them even with a fully loadfed bus whether a small bu or a large bus.
DRIVE SAFELY!!!

Go to Top of Page

Wolfman

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  3:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the route I drive, If you add trees hanging over the road, deer running across the road, steep hills with curves that you can't see around and the road so narrow that 2 feet each way you are in the ditch. And the crazy thing is I wanted this route.

Wolfman Howling Mostly at the kids!

Go to Top of Page

KMM
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  4:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KMM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Um, that would be my route! How did you ever know? lol.

Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How come I don't meet y'all in your buses if wer'e all driving the same route??

349 - A repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  7:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah as challenging as my route is too I love it!

Happy 2003
My 1996 Amtran RE kicks but ;-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000