New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2020 :  12:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys i know i wrote aboutbthis few weeks ago cant find thread so starting a new 2017 c2 electric door intermitten no close i ajusted all switch a few times driver takes it says every third or fourth stop it wont close if u manually close it by next stop it works fine i couldnt get it to do it for me so i put on a new motor with the new swtichs thlasted for two days and it started again so i swapped the reallys i follow the harness looking for chaffing found nothing now the driver is sayin the door will open y there going 65 on the highwaybut if she hits the close button it will close and i cant get it to do it for me i got it to not close ones then when i went to bring bus in shop i staartedbrolling and the door started workin can this thing have a switch hub clitch????????? i am going crazy the dealer wont do anything cause it wont do it for them either

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2020 :  1:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about the electric doors. We have air doors and I've replaced door switches a few times already on our Thomas buses, as well as headlight switches; multiple times on same bus. I would say start with replacing the door switch as it might have a loose connection on the inside. Seems like these Thomas switches are junk in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i replaced all the door switches
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2020 :  1:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about Thomas but a lot of intermittent electric door issues on ICs have been caused by maladjusted switches causing the electric motor to overheat and trip the internal thermal protection device.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2020 :  02:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a c2 with door issues almost the same but the door would close half way then open a bunch of times and it would come out of it also , I did not find anything wrong but i lubed up all the switches and air cylinder with air tool oil (took air lines out and pushed through fittings) and the door has not acted up since

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  12:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is an electric door so it doesnt have air cylinders or lines
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000