Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 LAPTOP FOR CUMMINS INSITE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  08:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I have bought DELL laptops and TOSHIBA for using in the garage for cummins insite and Allison doc IH software. we also have wabco toolbox and bendix acomm on there and 247 security for setting up cameras. and ICOM to program VHF
The Toshibas where not good in my experience. Dell seemed to be good but I keep hearing that they went way down hill. most of our dells have been plenty fast even with all these updates from cummins.
I figure about 3 years and then replace . Have 1 that the touchpad is on its way out. tried every fix on youtube. NOT HAPPENING.
What are using for Brand laptops with good luck?

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
650 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2020 :  09:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had tough boxes(not worth the extra coin)but have had great luck with HP, they are cheap, found everywhere and I have had mine for 5 years, still on the original battery also and it has over 20 diagnostic programs, but with all these new programs that need to talk to"momma bear" everyday ;one should be looking at a bigger hard drive if you want it to stay fast

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 01/21/2020 09:12:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2020 :  05:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been using Dell for the last 5 years here. I just had mine replaced because of the battery. It was in use for 2 years before I got it. The one I have now is also a Dell and it's great. I have insite, Acom, cummins, allison, Ned, service Maxx and Roush. Plus my email and everything else I do on it.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  07:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have been using a del for the psst 6 years still works great orginal battery but it is running windows seven and there are no longer updates for the windows seven has no support anymore so i will be shopping for new one soon but i will stick with the dell neverhave any problems other then stuff getting stuck under keys but i blow it out and its good
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  12:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found Dell laptops to be extremely durable. I still have a 2009 Dell as a backup- and it works pretty decent. It could use a hard drive format and reinstall to clean up the operation, but I have a 2017 Dell for my Diagnostic stuff.
Very few issues from either Dell.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000