Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010 IC CE Bus DTC 1222
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2020 :  1:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2010 CE with multiple problems stemming from DTC 1222 / SPN 597 / FMI 2 for the brake light switch. I checked both switches on the brake valve, both have 12 volts with KOEO, and grounds are good as well. I ohmed the switches out just to be sure, and both are good. With KOEO, the code goes "Active" when brake pedal is pressed, and when released goes back to "Previously Active", according to my laptop live data. With KOER, the code stays "Active" all the time no matter what position the pedal is in.

There's other weird stuff going on along with this, it has an Exterior Light Monitor from Doran, and only the red warning lights work when it's in override from the drivers left dash switch, nothing else lights up when other lights are activated. When the DTC (1222) is active, the factory installed lamp check will not work at all with KOEO or KOER just flashes the light inside the switch (4) times, but clear the code, or if the code is "previously active", the lamp check works normally. If the bus is running or not, none of the warning flashers work with the steering wheel mounted switches. The override on the left drivers panel will work everytime, but again nothing on the steering wheel mounted switch.

Another issue that happened at the same time, the student entry door now doesn't work either to open or close. When you press the close portion of the switch, I hear a relay click one time, and then nothing else. I have to cycle the key to reset it to make the relay click again. Any ideas on where to go with this?

2010 IC CE Bus
Maxxforce DT
Air Brakes
VIN# 4DRBUAAN2AB164901

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  04:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a twin bus, I'd suggest swapping the BCMs and see if the problem follows. They can do some really goofy stuff when the BCM is on it's way out.
Go to Top of Page

bucksgarage

17 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  07:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit bucksgarage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The BCM was the issue for all of it. Normally I don't swap parts around like this, but I appreciate the info. It got me where I needed to be. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2020 :  07:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to help. It's a lot cheaper than buying a $1500 module and finding out it was a 20 cent connector pin! That is my luck anyways.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000