New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1327 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  08:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok sory i am start a new thread but this is driven me nuts i replace the brake booster on a c2 o wait its a 2016 c2 isb6.7 hydro brakes i replaced the brake booster because i had a hard brake pedal got it back together and the brakes are fine now but only with the engine running with key on the backup pump motor sounds like its strugglin and the brake pedal is like a rock and it wasnt like that til i changed the booster when i took the motor off the booster the check ball feel out and i cant remember what hole it when in i bench tested the motor and its fine and sounds good on bench but in bus it sounds like its strugglin but my main quesion is what hole does the check ball go in i swore it was the one with screen but am thinging the ball is my problem

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
652 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  09:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't have any juice brake units but i found info on service link and in the pic the ball goes in hole closest to firewall and air in system will cause the issues you are describing as per service link anyway
When i did work on large units with juice brakes i always used a washer pump and pushed fluid back to the master from the calipers never had an issue I also did this method with juice clutches

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 04/12/2019 09:11:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1327 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  2:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually called the Thomas tech that does our warranty stuff and he said the ball is suppose to be under the screen on the backup pump I have no idea how it would have come out if it was under screen because screen was not broken but I removed screen put ball under it and reassembled and everything works great I am lost as to how that ball could have come out if the screen was still installed but anyways all is good now thanks for help guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000