Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Diesel Force EGR cleaner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  12:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So a new company has been around lately trying to sell us a cleaning system. It makes their cleaner, makes it a foam and pumps it into the intake and exhaust. They claim it will clean the egr valve, coolers, intake, valves, turbo, and DPF. I am very skeptical of it.

I don't understand how it could possibly clean the **** in the intake without just washing it down the exhaust. All the soot it claims to clean has to go somewhere, how does it not just F over the exhaust.

Has anyone used them or a product like it? They want to come in and do a demo but i dont relly wanna spend the time tearing down an engine after to verify if it worked or not. Also it is rather expensive.

Edited by - bfaulkner on 03/08/2018 12:53:25 PM

1Dieselman

28 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  12:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1Dieselman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like snake oil to me. I would think that it could play hell on dpf systems
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  1:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had a rep contacting me as well. You can search their YouTube videos to see what they're claiming. I'm definitely not convinced, but wouldn't mind seeing a live demonstration on one of our buses. We recently had BG in to run an EGR cleaning on one of our maintenance trucks which is a Ford 6.7. I wasn't here for the cleaning, but a week later and we are replacing the EGR valve and EGR cooler core because it is still throwing CEL and not passing the cooler flow self test (I'm not the one working on this, so I believe that is what is failing). The rep had it all hyped up, but it doesn't seem very impressive to me.

1Deiselman, it's funny you say snake oil, because that's exactly what my boss said about it this morning. They're claim is that it cleans the DPF as well, but without seeing things with my own eyes, I wouldn't make a leap to buying it.
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2018 :  11:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a local district that bought into it. So I will probably contact them and go see it. Also wait for a few months and see if they have a rash of DPF problems.
Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  1:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We added a pm item to clean the intake with a product called Terra Clean about 4 years ago. We do this once a year. It has been beneficial with no DPF related issues.

Edited by - RBrian on 05/22/2019 03:17:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  03:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using Diesel Force for a year now with no DPF issues. I have noticed now that I have less EGR and boost CEL light faults. I have less black smoke for a while and some drivers state they have better pick up.

If your worried about the DPF, remove it while your cleaning the rest.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000