Top End Cleaning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nquintrall

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  09:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a couple of people suggest that we should clean the intake, egr cooler, egr valve and turbo with various machines. I agree that the build up in these areas will eventually be a problem, but I'm not sure these systems are a real solution. I worry about the dpf and doc when the solution of cleaner and contaminants hit. I have read when these systems cause premature failure on dpfs in pickups. My question is - Has anyone here used any cleaning systems on buses and what was your results?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nquintrall

I have had a couple of people suggest that we should clean the intake, egr cooler, egr valve and turbo with various machines. I agree that the build up in these areas will eventually be a problem, but I'm not sure these systems are a real solution. I worry about the dpf and doc when the solution of cleaner and contaminants hit. I have read when these systems cause premature failure on dpfs in pickups. My question is - Has anyone here used any cleaning systems on buses and what was your results?

I've been using one, Diesel Force for a year now and I cannot say that they have caused any issues with the DPF's. I do a few of them with the DPF and DOC's removed because at the same time I a either replacing them or having them cleaned.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2019 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40274

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000