Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Eight way flasher problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2006 BB All American that does some funny things with 8 ways. Remember we are in Iowa so these do not work the same in all states.
This has an air entrance door also.

Ours are supposed to work sequentially but at sometimes the reds just start all by themselves when the door is opened. But most of the time they work fine. Sometimes when activated the ambers will come on like they are supposed to but other times they flash odd, like they don't go off between flashes,it's a high intensity/low intensity. This bus has an inside monitor for all exterior light systems and it show the left front and rear steady and the right side flashing. It doesn't make sense.
I have replaced the Weldon 7000 flasher, the door activating switch, W/L activation switch and changed the light monitor from another known working bus. On the switches and Weldon I just tried the items then switched back to the original part.
It acts like a poor ground but can't track it down. Any HELP would be appreciated. Everything else works perfect.
ED

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://service.blue-bird.com/WiringSchematics/ plug in your body number and you can get the schematic for your unit.

It really sounds like a bad ground to the Weldon 7000 to me, since you tried swapping it out already.
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  12:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have checked the ground on it. I am looking at another possibility. Will report back as soon as I figure it out.
ED
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  2:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure how much this will help seeing as it is an All American, but on the Visions, there are solenoids above the entrance door that have a tendency to either pull a wire out of a connector or break a wire apart. When this starts to happen, it usually always messes with the 8 way lamps. May be a long shot, but a thought anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  3:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming yours grounds to the panel along with everything else...make sure that panel has good ground. Its possible the flasher is the only thing sensitive enough to be showing problems...for now.

Electric stop sign? Maybe feeding back to the terminal that activates it on the flasher?
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2014 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a TRANSPEC sign on the rear emergency door that flashes "Caution- Stopping" when yellows are activated and "Stop- Do Not Pass" when reds are activated and amber "Stopping" sign does not work. I believe that the sign is feeding back and causing the ambers to act as they are. We unhooked the wires which are attached at the Weldon and it seems to have taken care of the problem.
I will check it again several times this week to confirm but this may be the culprit.
ED
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000