New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i have two bues that have been killen me with an intermitten brake pressure light an alarms one is 2002 international dt466 hydrolic brakes the other is a 99 444e i changed the module the pressure sensor on the master cylinder on the 3003 i put a new brake booster and still every once in a while when u step on brake the light and alarms come on if u shut it of and start back up it willl be fine for a few days please helpppppppp lol

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  11:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21231&SearchTerms=break+warning+light
I hate to say it, but that's pretty typical with that vintage. It used to be a daily occurrence around here, sounds like you may have already replaced the expensive parts. seems like the brake light switch on the pedal being out of adjustment or bad caused the problem sometimes,( the brake lights would work but for some reason wouldn't send correct signal to monitor module under dash causing the warning light and buzzer to come on randomly) I used to push the pedal down with one hand and pull the adjustable plunger on switch all the way out then let the pedal come back on it's own to push plunger into adjustment seemed to work for awhile, but would have to replace switches every now and then. The beating my buses take on some of the roughest roads in the state around here, seemed like there was always one doing it daily.(thank god for air brake buses and supervisors that will take your advice) And I think that the switches would go out of adjustment with vibration and shake of being driven. is it just the light and buzzer that comes on for no reason? or is the motor running so the light and buzzer should be on

There was a post on here awhile back that talked about this same thing,seems like it had a link to a web based troubleshooting manual. as you can probably see there are few different things that can cause your prob.

I found the post with link it was posted 8/20/2010 under:: break warning light it's pasted to top (darn computers!!)

Edited by - slippert on 10/10/2011 12:15:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  11:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one once that gave me fits, it turned out to be a loose hose clamp on the suction side of the power steering pump. New brake light switches seem to fix most of the problems.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  11:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do those have a filter in the rez?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  11:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the motor isnt constantly running its just the light a buzzers come on
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  03:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most common cause is a bad ground on a rear tail/brakelight. The second most common cause is a crossed filament on a tail/brakelight bulb (1157). Check these out before you go too far.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  07:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, definately one of those systems that has many things that can trigger the fault warning, avoid "tunnel vision" when troubleshooting.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 10/11/2011 07:40:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really brake light bulb would have never thought that would do it i will check it out thanks
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  1:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a lot of issues with those brake light switches knocking themselves out of "time." We actually got a kit from International and rewired the switches and now use a Ford Stop light switch.

Haven't had an issue since.
Go to Top of Page

eicsbus

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  05:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the bulb issue was very common to us on birds, then we went to led lights, no more problems

I.C. NO FUTURE

formally ,,,,wright11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000