SoundOff LED Exterior Light Monitor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2009 :  6:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine began the process of retrofitting LEDs on my 2004 Intl/BB. In addition to installing the LED lighting, he also removed the Doran Exterior Light Monitor to replace it with the Soundoff monitor (since the Doran monitor is not compatible with the LED lights).

After many repeated attempts to properly program the SoundOff monitor, we disocvered that a few of the lights on the monitor do not light up: right directional, both tail lights, and the driver side reverse light blinks when the transmission is placed in reverse.

Any ideas on what could be causing these problems?

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  07:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may be a programmable monitor. If so, check the programming. We installed LED lights on one model bus and had to reprogram every monitor.

Joe
Land of the Free, because of the Brave!
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  2:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SoundOff monitors are programmable. There are directions for the procedure on their website. They need to be programmed since LED lights draw way less current than incandescent lights.

Edit:

Went and got it for ya.

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/electronic/literature/ECVBSLM01.pdf

Bob what sort of business are you doing lately? Is that bus keeping you busy? What kind of LEDs?

Edited by - Thomas Ford 85-16 on 10/19/2009 2:36:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  4:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always heard that Soundoff has very good customer service, though I have never personally used them. Maybe a phone call or email would benefit...perhaps they had a run of defective monitors or know some tricks.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  6:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bob what sort of business are you doing lately? Is that bus keeping you busy? What kind of LEDs?

I am currently not operating the bus on a for-hire basis. To operate the bus only part-time, insurance is cost-prohibitive and the profit margin is low. If I wanted to operate this bus on a full-time basis, I would probably be using it more for business purposes.

I am retrofitting [b]all{/b] of my exterior and interior lighting, except for the headlights and corner turn signals/parking lights that are at the front of the bus. You should see what this bus looks like at night...it's an amazing sight!
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a different option on BB for the LED with a Doran.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000