New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  9:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1993 GMC CV200 that has a Aux Brake Warning light on all the time after a power steering pump r&r.

The pump is operating correctly and there is no air in the system. The electric brake motor comes on and works properly.

I've come to the conclusion that I must have a bad switch. Question is, where would this switch be at? Is this the valve on the hydro boost that the low pressure hose comes out of?

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  9:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is. We had problems on an IH and found if you remove the valve, crank the bus for a second and blow out a little fluid it will go back to working. Maybe a little trash in there? It worked on two of mine, just thought I'd pass that along.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  09:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's an aftermarket make sure the rebuild is the correct GPM rating. I fought an RV for a few days only to discover that the rebuilt pump was labeled wrong. It was for a pickup! As hardy said pull the flow switch off the booster and make sure the spring and plunger are not stuck.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

thomasguy

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  11:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomasguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've had many problems with flow switches which is the general consensus here. It acts as a mechanical ground switch for your warning light.

School Bus Maintenance & Repairs.
http://schoolbusmechanic.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000