New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  2:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right at state inspection time, we start having problems with all three of our '09 C2 Crossing Arms. They seem to have a life of their own.

Out on the routes, the crossing arm will come out, and then automatically come back in, sometime the arm will come out only halfway then jerk back in. Other times it wont come out at all, and when we are trying to figure out what is wrong in the garage, they will work fine.

I have switched out all the motors, clutches, and entire assemblies, and they continue to be a pain.

Has anyone else had problems like this? I have 3 days left till inspection, and I can guarantee one of them is gonna mess up that day.

I thought id add, the stop sign remains out and works correctly as does the red warning lights. The only thing that will not work correctly is the crossing arm.

Edited by - baptistbusman on 04/20/2009 2:37:23 PM

bcressey

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  5:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit bcressey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check your modules for green and fuzzies.
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a problem like this on an 08. Turns out it was the white ground wire that runs back to the body module. There was a break in it somewhere. The dealer said to just cut the wire near the motor connection and run a short ground wire. Been working fine ever since.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000