2007 International CE Bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frcusmc

United States
9 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  09:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finding this intermittent issue is bothersome. I have one that the ABS light comes on then the guages stop working, alarms sound then start working again. No codes on ABS or engine. Any ideas?

frcusmc

United States
9 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Answered my own question woot!! There is an interference between the instrument cluster connector and the defrost duct. This interference may cause the Instrument Cluster to lose data link communication resulting in gauges dropping out and /or operating intermittently. The issue started at the launch of 2007 engines in BE and CE bus products.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a campaign and a repair kit to fix these. All of ours have been to the dealer for repair.
Go to Top of Page

jeepcjron
Advanced Member

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  5:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the repair has been done you will see a patch on the duct( cluster removed) where a 2" square was removed for clearance issues to the back of the connector. post a vin and i will tell you if its been done.

its like a slinky! useless but fun to watch.
Go to Top of Page

frcusmc

United States
9 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  05:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies I found that in ISIS and the campaign has been done. Now I still have an intermittent issue with the guage cluster acting up. Gonna have to keep an eye on it and try to catch it in the act to see what is going on.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  02:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of mine that have acted up like this required cluster replacement under warranty.
Go to Top of Page

frcusmc

United States
9 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  04:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was kind of leaning that way just don't want to be a parts changer if you will. I like to understand why things are failing so that I'm confident in my repair not knocking at all what you are saying. I have ordered the cluster and go from there. Process of elimination is always good.

Respectfully,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000