Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 MBE-900 FUEL LEAK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anybody out there have any problems with the fuel strainer cap leaking on the MBE-900 engine? We have tried three caps all new OEM and all leak fuel out the top.We have tried tightening to manuf. specs and even less to no avail.My techs insist that the caps are defective. I'm not so sure but I don't know what else it could be. Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated. This bus has been out of service for two weeks. We had removed the cap to replace the strainer during scheduled maintenence and then the problems started.

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well we found out what was causing our mysterious fuel leak. It would seem that the o-ring included in the new fuel strainer is not correct!
The o-ring in the strainer kit is too small and will not seal the cap. The correct o-ring is part number 0259979348. Do not use the o-ring in the strainer kit!
Go to Top of Page

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  05:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit 007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I asked our MB dealer about the o-rings in the fuel strainer kits. Of course they hadn't heard anything about it, and the part number you listed did not come up for him. Is this the correct number and is it a MB number?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000