School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Management/Operations
 Enter Forum: Management/Operations
 So They Wnat you to come to visit now what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eckbird

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2004 :  5:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send eckbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok
I either bugged them enough or impressed them.
I finally have a company that would like me to come for a visit. After a thirty minute phone conversation, they asked me to schedule an appointment to meet in person. So how/what is the best way to sell my self and get more than just a foot into the door. I have a good resume, letter of recomendation and references. What else do you reconmend? Any tricks of the trade that are a good idea to impliment? Does anyone have any good points to use?
THANKS

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  05:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first impression they will have of you is what you look like when you walk in the door. No ripped jeans and old tennis shoes, no t-shirts advertising beer, wear a nice shirt and pants. Depending on the position a tie might be a good idea. If it is sales dress like you would be coming to work. Make sure everything from your hair to your shoes is neat and clean. Your body language is important too. How you look them in the eye when you greet them, sitting up straight and not slouching or wringing your hands, relaxed but respectful will impress them. Even if you are applying for a service position no grease under your finger nails. If you are really, really nervous when they ask a question, take a moment to gather your thoughts before you answer.

Let us know how it goes, we are all rooting for you!

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

eckbird

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  07:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Send eckbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, it's good to know you have support, and advice from others is always a plus!
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  12:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, been there, done that. Anytime you can get an advantage with as little effort as how you look, sit and speak--GO FOR IT! Hope all goes well, let us know.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

rswboe
Top Member

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  12:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, good advise. First impressions are HUGE, and by the way, it never hurts to be the best dressed man in the room. Clean, neat, & proffesional.

Live each like it's going to be your last, one day you'll be right!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000