Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  03:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cody

quote:
Originally posted by SuperiorGMC1963

quote:
Originally posted by bsaund09

SuperiorGMC1963-- Thank you for the response I was not sure how far back your work went I really enjoy looking at your updates. Those older buses really look good so i knew if you had any they would be perfect.

I'm glad you enjoy the updates. And as far as the older buses being perfect...well, I wish that were the case. I've learned quite a bit over the years and each bus is better than the last.
It's been awhile since I've updated but I am working on some buses, quite a few as a matter of fact. I have a C2 that is about 20% completed, a Vision that is about 60% complete (I'm waiting to put it on the new chassis), and three IC CE's that are each about 40% completed. Here are a couple of pics of the IC's showing the interior and exterior walls. The walls are ready to be attached to the floor...once I get the floors done.

Ted

I hope those IC's rust like the real ones do Maybe you should put rust effect on the paintjob, make it look authentic

But now that makes me want to ask a question.. have you ever considered giving a bus an old "run down" look to the paintjob?

That'd be pretty neat, a old Run down paintjob LOL!

~Jake~

Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  05:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My pre-2000 buses have goldenrod color posterboard exteriors and already look a bit dingy and dull next to my buses with the glossy MonoKote school bus yellow. My pre-1994 buses are canary yellow and look pretty dull too. Some have a few water spots...but no rust...except for some staples that hold the axle assembly together. Also, thanks to some layering of dust, some buses have an aged look. One interesting problem on some older buses from the '90's is that a certain paper I used to make labels/logos, hold the doors on the bus, and some other things, actually has disintegrated over the years. Must be some kind of acid in the paper. And it's only done this on certain buses. I've had a few Carpenters and AmTran/Wards where the roof logo had to be replaced because it completely disintegrated or disolved. Very strange.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  1:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I did mine out of posterboard, I wonder how they'll turn out in a few years. Thanks to Ted, I've changed stuff on my models--for the better, lol. My first, ones would almost make you lose your vision or something. I didn't have a camera or pictures of buses back then, so it was all custom. I might try the monokote one day when I have the time to redesign templates. I think my mom threw my Thomas HDX front template away, time to draw up a new one in a few years. Another thing to add to my list.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  5:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tonight I uploaded new photos of my diecast fleet. These new photos also have contain pictures of New Britain and Mooseville. Click on All-Star Transportation New Britain (Region 1) The first two pages contain these photos.

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

Nate

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  11:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Nate an AOL message  Click to see Nate's MSN Messenger address  Send Nate a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris

There are most of my buses
http://www.geocities.com/wardfordschoolbus/buswall.html?1072238118630
Anybody ever build buses out of legos? How do they turn out? I once built a 3 ft. long one. It had working steering, and an air operated jacknife door. Took a few weeks to figure out how to get that to work, but I managed, it weighed a lot, but was fun.

I've made some lego buses. I'm actually in progress of one, but this one won't have working steering, like some of my other models. I can never get a good door built, so I just use one I already have. Usually the hardest part for me is getting the front end right. I have to make half of it at a normal height, and the other half much lower.

Hold my mountain dew and watch this.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  2:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to use leggo wheels on my first models.
Go to Top of Page

ltrain2001

139 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ICfan, is your #22 FS-65 in your model fleet the same size/scale as the BlueBird/IHC #9851 made by Sunnyside? Just wondering because I would like to get one of those FS-65s but want to make sure it's the same size as the rest of my fleet. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ltrain2001

139 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  09:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Fleet List

119,143- 87 BB/IHCS1700, 5spd , air brakes, man. jacknife door

197,199- 89 BB/IHC S1700, 5 spd, air brakes, man. jacknife door

99- 90 Thomas/IHC 3800, 5 spd, air brakes, air jacknife door, 4 way warning lights

202, 333- 01 Thomas/IHC 3800, 202 (5 spd)/333(MT643), both with air brakes and air jacknife door

519- 01 Thomas ER, A2500, air brakes, man. outward door

666,873,955- 02 Thomas ER, A2500, air brakes, air outward door

Soon I plan to get an 04 IC CE or an 07 Thomas FS 65 to replace 119, which will then be delegated to charter status.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  12:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The FS-65 scale is 1:50 for # 22. Real Toy makes the Fs-65 scale 1:53. So I would say yes to your question.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

This is my fleet. Not as big as many out there but I like it.

Route # Bus # Bus Type Year
Rte 1 040186 FRHT Thomas 2004
Rte 2 010101 INTL Blue-Bird 2001
Rte 3 060602 INTL IC Corp. 2006
Rte 4 010102 INTL Blue-Bird 2001
Rte 5 070701 FRHT Thomas C2 2007
Rte 6 010103 INTL Blue-Bird 2001
Rte 7 060601 INTL IC Corp. 2006
Rte 8 020201 INTL Blue-Bird 2002
Rte 9 030301 INTL IC Corp. 2003
Rte10 030302 INTL IC Corp. 2003
Rte11 255201 INTL Blue-Bird 1987
Rte12 030531 GMC Mid Bus 2003
Rte13 256621 INTL Carpenter 1986
Rte14 255501 INTL Thomas 1989
Rte15 255502 INTL Thomas 1989
Rte16 255503 INTL Thomas 1989
Spare 254851 INTL Ward mini 1985
Spare C-1 Chevy Suburban 1950

All of these are First Student spec'd with bus numbers, route numbers, owned by, USDOT, stop on signal, and emergency exits stickers,all black rims,and license plate numbers. I numbered the buses ex. 040186- 04 is the year and 0186 is the bus number. I based it on the way first student does it. The other buses that aren't labeled like that is they way they used to do it before they made that other system up. The interiors I have started to declorate with emergency exit and emergency door stickers, I glued on a paper clip emergency door latch, first aid kit, and I am adding more. Sorry for bringing up a really old topic but I couldn't resist.

Any pics?
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  6:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting. I thought Diggs Enterprises wasn't in business anymore. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them at conferences, etc.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  8:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't find the Burger King that GMC bluebird has.

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  04:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision

i can't find the Burger King that GMC bluebird has.

Thats actually a 80s S series Blue Bird.

And the Burger King, even if you was to get it, cost a good sum of $$, I looked it up on diecast direct (i think???) a while back.

-Jake
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  10:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks

Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  7:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just recently moved my site to http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard/index.htm, where I just posted new 2008 photos of my model fleet, the olds ones will soon be coming, along with other School Bus pics.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  8:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to buy more diecasts now...
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  8:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
School Bus Model Annoynumus, anyone?
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just updated with the new current routes, and put up a roster for the fleet.

Go to Top of Page

Alex403

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  6:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Girardin_71 That would be really cool, but at the time no.

IC Bus.. The company that makes Thomas Built fan hide in shame. :)
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Advanced Member

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2012 :  10:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BUS INVENTORY – WHITE TOP A3FE
BIXBY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CANTON CITY SCHOOLS - OHIO CLEAR CREEK SCHOOL DISTRICT – COLORADO CRISP COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA ELL SALINE SCHOOLS – KANSAS GAHANNA JEFFERSON PUBLIC SCHOOLS – OHIO GARRETT KEYSER BUTLER SCHOOLS – INDIANA GRAND BLANC COMMUNITY SCHOOLS - MICHIGAN GREENBRIER PUBLIC SCHOOLS – ARKANSAS I.S.D. # 742 - MINNESOTA LENOIR CITY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE MIAMI DADE DAY CARE – FLORIDA NORTHERN WELLS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS – INDIANA OLDHAM COUNTY SCHOOLS – KENTUCKY PEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA RHEA COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE RICHMOND COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE SULLIVAN C2 SCHOOL DISTRICT – MISSOURI W.L. ROEGNICK – PENNSYLVANIA WOODWARD ACADEMY – GEORGIA 21 TOTAL
SPECIAL NEEDS
MOGADORE LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO PHILADELPHIA SCHOOL DISTRICT - PENNSYLVANIA RISE SPECIAL SERVICES – INDIANA SCHOOL OF HOPE SANDUSKY COUNTY – OHIO 4 TOTAL
90’s AAFE HOUSTON COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA PAGE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARIZONA PUTNAM COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSSEE WOOD COUNTY SCHOOLS – WEST VIRGINIA YUMA SCHOOLS TRANSPORTATION – ARIZONA 5 TOTAL
1980’S AAFE
CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – NEVADA 1 TOTAL
ACTIVITY BUS
JEFFERSON COUNTY SCHOOLS - ALABAMA 1 TOTAL
32 TOTAL WHITE TOP FE
A3RE WHITE TOP
BURKE COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – NEVADA FOWLER UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARIZONA PALM BEACH DISTRICT SCHOOLS – FLORIDA PHILLIPS STINNETT I.S.D. – TEXAS UINTAH SCHOOL DISTRICT – UTAH WOODWARD ACADEMY – GEORGIA 7 TOTAL
90’S AARE
DEER VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARIZONA LAVEEN SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARIZONA 2 TOTAL
9 TOTAL WHITE TOP RE
41 TOTAL WHITE TOP SCHOOL BUSES

A3FE YELLOW TOP SCHOOL BUS INVENTORY
CROCKETT COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE CUYAHOGA HEIGHTS CITY SCHOOLS – OHIO DENISON COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT - IOWA DIETRICH SCHOOL DISTRICT – IDAHO DUCHESNE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT - UTAH EMERY COUNTY SCHOOL DICTRICT – NEVADA FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY SCHOOLS – INDIANA INDIAN VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO LAKESHORE PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MICHIGAN MENOMINEE INDIAN SCHOOL DISTRICT – WISCONSIN MONONA GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT – WISCONSIN MORGAN COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE NEW HAMPTON COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT – IOWA PAINT VALLEY LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO PRESTON SCHOOL DISTRICT - IDAHO SARTELL SCHOOL DISTRICT – MINNESOTA SCHOOL DISTRICT OF BLACK RIVER FALLS – WISCONSIN SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILLIPS – WISCONSIN SOUTHEAST LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO TAYLOR COUNTY SCHOOLS – WEST VIRGINIA VAN BUREN COUNTY SCHOOLS - TENNESSEE WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE CITY SCHOOLS - OHIO WENDORF BUS LINES - WISCONSIN WEST SIDE SCHOOL DISTRICT – IDAHO 24 TOTAL
SPECIAL NEEDS
ALPINE SCHOOL DISTRICT - UTAH WADSWORTH CITY SCHOOLS - OHIO 2 TOTAL
90’S AAFE
EDMONDS SCHOOL DISTRICT - WASHINGTON HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS - TENNESSEE PEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS - GEORGIA WALKER COUNTY SCHOOLS - GEORGIA 4 TOTAL
80’S AAFE
CARMEL CLAY SCHOOLS – INDIANA CHATHAM COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA METROPOLITAN NASHVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE CITY SCHOOLS –OHIO 4 TOTAL
34 TOTAL - A3FE/AAFE
A3RE YELLOW TOP SCHOOL BUS INVENTORY
BOX ELDER SCHOOL DISTRICT – UTAH LINCOLN COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – WYOMING NORTH SUMMIT SCHOOL DISTRICT – UTAH SOUTHEAST KOOTENAY SCHOOL DISTRICT – CANADA WEBER SCHOOL DISTRICT – UTAH 5 TOTAL
90’S AARE
LAKE COUNTY SCHOOL CORPORATION – INDIANA WESTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – WYOMING 2 TOTAL
80’s AARE
EDMONDS SCHOOL DISTRICT – WASHINGTON 1 TOTAL
8 TOTAL – A3RE / AARE
42 TOTAL YELLOW TOP SCHOOL BUSES

BBCV – VISION WHITE TOP SCHOOL BUSES
ALLEN PARISH SCHOOLS – LOUISIANA ATLANTA PUBLIC SCHOOLS – GEORGIA BUCKEYE LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO BUTTS COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA BEDFORD CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO CHAPPAGUA TRANSPORTATION – NEW YORK CRISP COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA CULVER SCHOOL DISTRICT – OREGON EAGLE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – COLORADO EMERSON TAYLOR SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARKANSAS FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY SCHOOLS – INDIANA LINCOLN COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE MERKEL I.S.D. – TEXAS MICHIGAN CITY AREA SCHOOLS – INDIANA NORTHWESTERN SCHOOL CORPORATION – INDIANA OKEMOS PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MICHIGAN OSAGE NATION BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB – OKLAHOMA PEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA PORT NECHES – GROVES I.S.D. – TEXAS SHELBY COUNTY SCHOOLS – ALABAMA SEMINOLE DISTRICT SCHOOLS – FLORIDA TIPPECANOE SCHOOL CORPORATION – INDIANA TOPEKA PUBLIC SCHOOLS – KANSAS 23 TOTAL
SPECIAL NEEDS
MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MINNESOTA 1 TOTAL
24 TOTAL

BBCV / VISION YELLOW TOP
CHEROKEE COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA COVENTRY LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO FIRST STUDENT – OREGON FOOT HILLS SCHOOL DIVISION – CANADA FOUNTAIN LAKE SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARKANSAS GEAUGA LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS – CONNECTICUT PARKINSON COACH – CANADA SEWARD PUBLIC SCHOOLS – OKLAHOMA WASHINGTON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MARYLAND WATSON CHAPEL SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARKANSAS WESTBROOK SCHOOL DEPARTMENT – MAINE YARMOUTH SCHOOL DEPARTMENT – MAINE 13 TOTAL
37 TOTAL

TC200O WHITE TOP FE
BONNEVILLE JOINT SCHOOL DISTRICT – IDAHO DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS – COLORADO E.B. WHITE CATHOLIC SCHOOL – LOUISIANA METROPOLITAN NASHVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE MOORESVILLE CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL CORPORATION – INDIANA PACELLI HIGH SCHOOL – GEORGIA PEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA VERMILLION LOCAL SCHOOL – OHIO 8 TOTAL
TC2000 YELLOW TOP FE
CUMBERLAND COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE HICKSVILLE EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOLS – OHIO MANSFIELD CITY SCHOOLS – OHIO MARSH VALLEY LOCAL SCHOOLS – IDAHO MISSISSINEWA LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO SCHOOL DISTRICT OF BLACK RIVER FALLS - WISCONSIN WESTFALL LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT – OHIO WILLIAMSON COUNTY SCHOOLS – TENNESSEE 8 TOTAL
16 TOTAL TC2000 UNITS
D3RE WHITE TOP
FRANKLIN MCKINLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT – CALIFORNIA LAKE HAMILTON SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARKANSAS PORT NECHES – GROVES I.S.D. – TEXAS TEMPE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT – ARIZONA WYNNE PUBLIC SCHOOLS – ARKANSAS 5 TOTAL
D3RE YELLOW TOP
PARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT – WYOMING 1 TOTAL
6 TOTAL D3RE UNITS
D3FE WHITE TOP
BEDFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS - TENNESSEE PEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS – GEORGIA ROSEVILLE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS – MICHIGAN SAN CARLOS UNIFIED SCHOOL DSITRICT – ARIZONA 4 TOTAL
D3FE YELLOW TOP
BAD AXE PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MICHIGAN BOX ELDER SCHOOL DISTRICT – UTAH CEDAR FALLS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS DISTRICT – IOWA MONONA GROVE SCHOOL DISTRICT – WISCONSIN ROY BUS LINES – CANADA 5 TOTAL
D3FE YELLOW TOP SPECIAL NEEDS
POPLAR BLUFF PUBLIC SCHOOLS – MISSOURI 1 TOTAL
10 TOTAL D3FE UNITS

152 TOTAL UNITS

Edited by - BlueBird16 on 12/27/2012 10:50:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Advanced Member

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  1:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry for the odd way that list came out...I had it all neat before I sent it...don't know what I did wrong,...anyway that is my actual fleet roster and the states they represent!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.85 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000