Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  3:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great fleet, I know there's a lot more. What are the years of the buses in these pictures? I would've thought that was a real ariel view of a bus yard, but the tile gave it away. Good job on all of those Ted!!
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  4:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bigger fleet than mine? lol Get Fleet! Like to see that new C2 you just made! Keep on going Ted!

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  8:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusFan

Great fleet, I know there's a lot more. What are the years of the buses in these pictures? I would've thought that was a real ariel view of a bus yard, but the tile gave it away. Good job on all of those Ted!!

These photos represent about half of my fleet. The other half is up in Michigan. I moved to Georgia in 1998 and all of the buses in Michigan are pre-1998 with the exception of one. 45 of the buses in the photos were built since late 1999 and therefore were built here in Georgia. The other 20 were brought down here from Michigan and they range in age from 1992-1999. A few of my buses have found homes with family and friends.

Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  8:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC-RE

NICE FLEET!! are those AmTran Genesis's in the backround?

Good eyes, lol. There is one AmTran Genesis in the background. There are several other AmTran and IC RE's and one IC FE.
Ted

Edited by - SuperiorGMC1963 on 11/09/2005 8:24:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  06:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just awesome Ted, thanks for sharing those pics!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  1:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys!
I figured I minus well post my fleet. LOL
Speedy Bus Inc.
(I am currently modeling my buses, so they'll fit in)
Fleet A:
2 1991 IHC Wayne , Bus # 9101, 9102 (Road Champs) - Reg Route/ SUB
1995 Thomas Saf-T-Liner ER RE , Bus #: 9501 (SunnySide?) - Reg Route
1985 IHC Blue Bird , Bus #8501 (Sunnyside) - Reg Route
1978 IHC Wayne , Bus #7801 (Maker unknown) - RETIRED in 2004 Due to wreck.
Fleet B:
1989 IHC Wayne, Bus #8901 (Unknown [Not Matchbox]) - Reg. Route
3 1987 IHC Wayne, Bus #8701, 8702, 8703 (Matchbox) -Reg/ Reg/ Sub
1982 IHC Wayne, Bus #8201 (Matchbox) - Sub (SOON TO BE RETIRED DUE TO CONDITION)
1985 Ford Wayne , Bus #8502 (Hot Wheels) - Sub (Soon to be retired due to condition)
2 1988 Ford Wayne, Bus #8801, 8802 (Maisto) - Sub/ Sub
3 1989 Ford Wayne, Bus #8902, 8903, 8904 (Maisto) - Reg/ Sub/ Sub
Rebuilt 1960 Carpenter Corsair? #6001 (Hot Wheels) - Reg.
1962 GMC Superior? , Bus #6201, (Simpsons Bus - Johnny L.) - Reg.
2 1989 Ford E-350 Collins, Bus #8905, 8906 , (Monster Garage) Reg/ Sub
3 2000 Hummer Waynes (Rebody), Bus #0001, 0002, 0003 (Matchbox) Reg/ Reg/ Sub
1995 Ford Wayne, Bus #9502 (Matchbox - Actually 2004) - Reg
1964 GMC Superior, #6401 (Johnny C) - Activity Bus
Fleet C:
1940 Crown Supercoach (Rebuilt) Bus#: 4001 (Sunnyside) - Out of Service currently due to repairs)
1992 IHC Ward Handy, Bus #: 9201 (Sunnyside) - Out of Service currently due to repairs
1990 BB AA FE, Bus #9001 (Blue Bird) - Sub (Out of service currently due to others )
Acivity Buses:
1964 GMC Superior, #6402, (Johnny C - Partridge Bus)
2 1988 Ford Waynes #8803, 8804 (Hot Wheels)
1960 Carp. Corsair (Rebuilt) #6002 (Hot Wheels)
1980 IHC Wayne (Race Bus) #8001 (Maisto)
1 1989 Chevy Van??? #8907'
Other Cars/ Trucks
2001 Mobile Lighting Truck #B-01
1990 Chevy Highway Matinence Truck #B-02 (Both Matchbox)
2 1970s Police Cars #B-03, B-04 (Unknown - Cheapies)
1970s Matinence/ Fire Vheicle #B-05 (Hot Wheels)

The 1982 IHC Wayne and the 1985 Ford Wayne are going to be replaced soon at the end of the 2006-2007 School Year by *MAYBE* some Hepra BB's, or a Thomas HDX.
All retired buses are put in a field and used for parts LOL.

More Info/ Pictures coming soon!

~Jake~
(Fleet of 35 Buses and 5 Matinence Vheicles.)

Edited by - Jake on 02/05/2006 1:33:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  2:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, if anyone has a small fleet of Hot Wheels sized vehichels, be sure to check out the new 1956 GMC Superior by Johnny Lightning.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-1956-CHEVY-SCHOOL-BUS-LIMITED-EDITION-COOL-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ7006016345QQcategoryZ45352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Also, if anyone has a small fleet of Hot Wheels sized vehichels, be sure to check out the new 1956 GMC Superior by Johnny Lightning.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-1956-CHEVY-SCHOOL-BUS-LIMITED-EDITION-COOL-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ7006016345QQcategoryZ45352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

~Jake~

Looks like I will have to add one of those to my collection. I like that version much better than the Simpson's one or the Partridge. The first bus I ever rode was a '55 or '56 GMC Superior.
Ted

Jake, how did one of your buses get in a wreck?
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  12:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, see, i somehow dropped it, and its rear axel broke, etc. So its rear wheels want to fall out off the body. (Some piece of plastic broke). So I just say some naughty person ran their car into the side of it.... (It was also a very ugly model of a try at a 1980s IHC Wayne. No detail, or rear lights!! LOL.)

~Jake~
----
Also on those 56 Chevy Superior models - they are REALLY hard to find, to me. I (At a last resort) purchased mine (2) at the annual state flea market for about $2 a bus.
(Someobne was selling theirs for 6!!!) I was also told it was becoming a VERY hot item by the dealer I bought it from..
~Jake~

Edited by - Jake on 02/06/2006 12:34:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  11:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

----
Also on those 56 Chevy Superior models - they are REALLY hard to find, to me. I (At a last resort) purchased mine (2) at the annual state flea market for about $2 a bus.
(Someobne was selling theirs for 6!!!) I was also told it was becoming a VERY hot item by the dealer I bought it from..
~Jake~

I ordered one of these buses a few days ago from a dealer on eBay. They're pretty easy to find there but the prices (plus shipping) are a little high. Paying $2 seems to be a very good deal. I have never seen one of these at a local store although I haven't looked that much.

Go to Top of Page

busmodeler

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  6:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wondering if any of you customize your models in addition to re-lettering. here's a short video of the Sunnyside 9852 with flashing red and amber lights (to Federal flash rate standards of course), headlights, aisle lighting, motorized swinging Stop sign, engine sounds and noisy kids. i also found 1/48 scale seated children used in model railroads fit nicely. (note: video w/sound about 1.3 Mbytes)

http://home.att.net/~stan2004/schoolbus.MPG

i also re-decaled the grammar error on the rear door (of a school bus mind you!). i'm particularly interested if/how anyone has animated the front bumper crossing arm or found a model suitable for doing such.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  04:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by busmodeler

wondering if any of you customize your models in addition to re-lettering. here's a short video of the Sunnyside 9852 with flashing red and amber lights (to Federal flash rate standards of course), headlights, aisle lighting, motorized swinging Stop sign, engine sounds and noisy kids. i also found 1/48 scale seated children used in model railroads fit nicely. (note: video w/sound about 1.3 Mbytes)

http://home.att.net/~stan2004/schoolbus.MPG

i also re-decaled the grammar error on the rear door (of a school bus mind you!). i'm particularly interested if/how anyone has animated the front bumper crossing arm or found a model suitable for doing such.

Wow, wow, and wow again. Bus Modeler you have conquered what most of us has always wanted, or at least what I have! A small model bus with working (realistic) ambers, reds, and stop arm. When does mass production begin!?

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  08:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Drooling...... Great Job Bus Modeler

Go to Top of Page

busmodeler

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  1:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chris, thanks for your kind words. I don’t think a manufacturer will mass-produce a model with the features you mention so it’s a DIY project. The Sunnyside diecast dis-assembles easily providing access to the 8-way to install lights. The sign is on a pivot which simplifies adding a motor. The basic components (lights, motor, electronic chips) to do an amber/red 8-way flasher and swing the sign are about $20. It runs on 1 AAA battery under the seats. But assembly, wiring, fine soldering, and chassis re-work takes time. One forum poster commented he spends some 30 hours to hand-craft custom physical features of one model. It’s a similar situation but with different materials.

If you want to try, I’ll help. Maybe the 1/54 scale C2 which is similar in size to the Sunnyside? I don’t have one but it appears to have a swinging sign. The key is if and how it comes apart to install lights and a mechanism to swing the sign. I don’t sell anything so I’m not sure how this would work. If you don’t already work with electronic components, getting them in one-sy two-sy quantities is a challenge (parts aren’t from Radio Shack). But if you’re interested send an email and we can sort it out offline.
Go to Top of Page

Davegr

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  11:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been collecting school bus models since 1973. I mostly collect realistic- looking bus models; where you can identify them with a chassis or body company. I would say I have more than 200.
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  12:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Davegr- that is alot, I have over 50 school buses/model buses.

Go to Top of Page

Davegr

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  12:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E Bay is a bus lovers best friend.

It's great for models, literature, pictures and for buying actual buses.

Go to Top of Page

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  4:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I add a district's name to the side of a BlueB. bank? (where can I get the lettering?)

-Jake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, hopefully Jeff will see these posts and respond. I've used a couple of different ways to get the lettering I want. One is a bit too complicated to explain. A new way that I've recently tried is to go to the link below. This is the exact Highway Gothic B style font that Blue Bird and IC currently uses. What you can do is type in the 'sample box'the exact wording for the side of your bus. Then print the page with the samples. Then you will need to make a master copy that you can use to photocopy your final lettering onto clear full sheet adhesive backed labels. An even better product that the clear labels (which you can find at Staples or Office Max) is ReproFilm. This is about a $1 a sheet and can be found at architect/drafting supply stores or online (do a search). If you go online you may have to buy a whole box but there should be a store in your town that sells copying supplies to architects and they will sell by the sheet. To make my final photocopies with the ReproFilm I take it to Staples. A home copier will not work with ReproFilm. The ReproFill clear (#420) is pretty much invisible once it's applied to the bus.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/pixymbols/highway-gothic/b/win-t1/129924/

Ted

Sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I think I may have found something of interest to those that want to add lettering to their model buses. The name of the font currently used on Bluebird and IC buses is called Highway Gothic B, which is expensive to buy and the samples aren't very sharp when you print them off. I've found a site that made a font identical to Highway Gothic called "Roadgeek", and you can download it for free. The fonts come in a package, and the one you should use is called "Roadgeek2005 Type B". Here's the link: http://www.triskele.com/fonts

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  04:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jake!

I love it!

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  05:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey Jake, thanks for sharing that information! However, when it comes to computers my knowledge is pretty limited. I downloaded the fonts (I think) but how do you open the file to use them? I tried to open the fonts (type B) with my Word Processor but it would not let me. AAAARrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! Help! Any advice??
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it Roadgeek2005 Series B? Thanks for sharing that site, it'll be very usefull.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  08:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperiorGMC1963

Hey Jake, thanks for sharing that information! However, when it comes to computers my knowledge is pretty limited. I downloaded the fonts (I think) but how do you open the file to use them? I tried to open the fonts (type B) with my Word Processor but it would not let me. AAAARrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! Help! Any advice??

You have to upload them into your computer's font folder.

If thats the case, I'll email u and show u how if u need to be shown.

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

overbyja

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  09:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not too hard. You first need to unzip the files. You open the file you just downloaded, click on "File", then "Extract All". Click "next" when the window comes up. Now you're at a screen that says "select a destination". Click on "browse". When the window comes up, double click "My Computer", then "C:" (or whatever your hard drive is), then double click "WINDOWS", and click on the "Fonts" folder. Click "OK". Then click next, and you're done!!

Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jake, I make my signs for my buses using one of Fonts in the "C" that looks like a typewriter. My new signs I am applying to the buses say "ALL-STAR/DATTCO TRANSPORTATION - NEW BRITAIN (or SALEM) R10bus#" Got to redo 25 buses w/ these new signs. I have another update coming up on my website soon.

Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  8:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by overbyja

Not too hard. You first need to unzip the files. You open the file you just downloaded, click on "File", then "Extract All". Click "next" when the window comes up. Now you're at a screen that says "select a destination". Click on "browse". When the window comes up, double click "My Computer", then "C:" (or whatever your hard drive is), then double click "WINDOWS", and click on the "Fonts" folder. Click "OK". Then click next, and you're done!!

Great directions Jake! Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusFan

Is it Roadgeek2005 Series B? Thanks for sharing that site, it'll be very usefull.

George, yes, series (or type) B. Series C was used on older Blue Birds and also on Superior in the 70's.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  11:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boley-HO-Scale-School-Bus-With-Flashing-Lights_W0QQitemZ150007622332QQihZ005QQcategoryZ11644QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone modeled the Boley model to have flashin lights too!

~Jake~
Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SuperiourGMC1963--do you have photos of your 1970's buses I have seen your picutures of your fleet that is very nice would like to see if you have photos of the 1974-1979 type Fords.keep up the work it looks very nice.

keep those buses rolling
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/schoolbushistory
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bsaund09

SuperiourGMC1963--do you have photos of your 1970's buses I have seen your picutures of your fleet that is very nice would like to see if you have photos of the 1974-1979 type Fords.keep up the work it looks very nice.

If I am correct he has gotten rid of alot of those.

I'd love to see pics too!

~Jake~

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think these are most of Ted's pictures on his MSN group. http://www.msnusers.com/SuperiorGMC1963/_whatsnew.msnw

The oldest I saw were a couple of buses from the late 1980's.

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 07/12/2006 12:27:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  1:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is one of only two photos I have of ANY of my 70's buses.
http://www.msnusers.com/SuperiorGMC1963/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=50 1978 Superior International

Unfortunately, I did not start taking photos of my buses until the mid-80's and by then many of my late 70's buses were....destroyed. Fact is, back then, I only kept buses for a few years. I just didn't have the room and the buses were not as well made as they are today. I also reused the wheels and tires. I made quite a few '77-79 Ford Conventionals and I really wish I had some photos of them. The smartest thing I ever did was start taking a photo of each bus I've made beginning in the mid-80s to present day.
I have a photo of a '79 Superior International but that is the only other 70's bus I have photographed. If anyone is interested I can post it here. It was on my site but I removed it a few months ago.

Ted
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  1:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jake - I just put ambers (Red LEDs) in one of my buses (IC Bus #1), but the wires and battery can be found in the bus with a switch on the back hatch of the bus.

Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  6:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SuperiorGMC1963-- Thank you for the response I was not sure how far back your work went I really enjoy looking at your updates. Those older buses really look good so i knew if you had any they would be perfect.

keep those buses rolling
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/schoolbushistory
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  7:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

SuperiorGMC1963-- Thank you for the response I was not sure how far back your work went I really enjoy looking at your updates. Those older buses really look good so i knew if you had any they would be perfect.

I'm glad you enjoy the updates. And as far as the older buses being perfect...well, I wish that were the case. I've learned quite a bit over the years and each bus is better than the last.
It's been awhile since I've updated but I am working on some buses, quite a few as a matter of fact. I have a C2 that is about 20% completed, a Vision that is about 60% complete (I'm waiting to put it on the new chassis), and three IC CE's that are each about 40% completed. Here are a couple of pics of the IC's showing the interior and exterior walls. The walls are ready to be attached to the floor...once I get the floors done.

Ted
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  8:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperiorGMC1963

quote:

I'm glad you enjoy the updates. And as far as the older buses being perfect...well, I wish that were the case. I've learned quite a bit over the years and each bus is better than the last.
It's been awhile since I've updated but I am working on some buses, quite a few as a matter of fact. I have a C2 that is about 20% completed, a Vision that is about 60% complete (I'm waiting to put it on the new chassis), and three IC CE's that are each about 40% completed. Here are a couple of pics of the IC's showing the interior and exterior walls. The walls are ready to be attached to the floor...once I get the floors done.

Ted

I hope those IC's rust like the real ones do Maybe you should put rust effect on the paintjob, make it look authentic

But now that makes me want to ask a question.. have you ever considered giving a bus an old "run down" look to the paintjob?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000