New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

ElliottFan9

1 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  12:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they make any video games that you can drive around and pick up kids and take them to school? I know they prolly don't but I just want to see what its like to drive one of them babies.

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  1:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are no true school bus simulators in which you can do pickups and dropoffs, but if you have Midtown Madness 1 or 2, you can download several buses for driving in the game (no pickups or dropoffs, just "cruising"). There are currently avalible a 2002 Thomas Saf-T-Liner HDX (MM2 only), 1990 Carpenter International Conventional (MM1 only), late 90s Blue Bird All American FE (MM2 only), and a 1997 Thomas Saf-T-Liner EF (MM2 only). For the Carpenter, visit http://www.centralgaming.net. For the MM2 buses, visit http://www.mm2c.com. MM2C also has an excellent forum, with new projects and many guides for making new cars if you want to try it. Hope this helps!

Edited by - Silas J. on 11/30/2003 1:26:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  10:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
can you get this game on playstation 2?
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  5:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No. Midtown Madness 3 is avaible for XBOX, if you have one. No user-made mods, though, so a school bus isn't likely.

Go to Top of Page

ZZTalon

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  5:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit ZZTalon's Homepage  Send ZZTalon an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya know my aunt told me once years ago that there was a computer game where you pick up kids in a bus and stuff. I'm sure it wasn't Game cube standards or anything, it was made for kids, but I have no idea what it was.

http://www.nyschoolbus.com
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2003 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The closest thing I have seen video game wise that has to do with picking up and transporting people, is a game called Tokyo Bus Guide, which was released a few years ago on Dreamcast. I think it was also made for Playstation 2, but there is not an english version that I could find. I was looking at some screen shots, but was lost because I cant read all that upsidedown whatnot letters they use, but came accross a school bus photo, I dont know if it is used in the game or not, but it could be possible. Most of the pictures I saw had city buses, and drove on the wrong side which is a bummer in my oppenion. I guess it didnt sell very well over there and was never was made into an American version. The best game I have for bus driving is Midtown Madness 2.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2003 :  11:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish there was one, I've been looking for years!!

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  05:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, besides Tokyo Bus Driver there are some "Magic School Bus" video games out. Also, in Grand Theft Auto (either 3 or Vice City, I can't remember which), you can drive a transit bus and collect cash while doing so. The Simpsons Road Rage & The Simpsons Hit And Run both allow you to drive Otto's school bus.
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2003 :  5:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think there's enough of us that want a bus game that we should all contact a company that makes games, and make a school bus video game exclusively for us bus people. I know I'd like to see something come out besides MM1 or MM2. The GTA3/Vice City thing, there's buses in them, BUT in GTA3 you can either have a Thomas/IHC (it looks like one) or a nice charter (or somethign in that nature) bus. GTA Vice City you can only get the charter and a crappy city like bus.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  05:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent idea 98TomFord! It might even catch on with the non-school bus crowd.
Even if a bus option were included in future versions of existing video games (i.e. Twisted Metal, GTA and all the GTA clones, Crazy Taxi, etc.) that would be cool.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  12:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The makers of Hard Truck 1 & 2, Valusoft, would be good with a school bus driving game/simulator I would think. I dont know if any of you have seen, or played the game before, but its pretty much a truck driving simulator, where you travel to different parts of a map and pick up a load of goods, and deliver them to another area, within a time limit, and trying to beat other drivers to the delivery place. I often would try to pretend the truck was a school bus. The trucks have accurate side view mirrors and you can look around the cab using the mouse, its a good game for the most part. it would be good if the trucks were replaced with school buses, and the goods were replaced with students.
Valusofts web site is www.valusoft.com, and at the bottom of http://valusoft.com/navigation/aboutus.html there is a game development section, that sais if you have any suggestions for a new game, or game improvements to contact the given email address. I have suggested a school bus simulator, but they never replied. Also in GTA Vice City the school bus/prison bus is available, its just not as commonly seen as in GTA 3.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  4:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have Hard Truck 1 and 2. Maybe if we all email a game maker, then they might create a school bus game.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  4:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
might as well give it a try make sure to tell them to create a version for playstation 2
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  2:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I say that the first school bus driving simulator should come out on computer, and be made so that other buses can be produced like in MM1 & 2...because the maker of the game probably wont put in the good buses Perhaps we could get a willing game creator to join us on the forums and use our input to create the 'perfect' game

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  4:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with ya on that BusMan06, just because pc is my only surce of playing games, and my freinds sure as hell dont' want to play school bus games lol. I know one thing, if this simulater does take flight, there's deffently gona be a Thomas/Ford in it for us Ford fans

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  5:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the possibilty of that i probably not very high, BUt, if we get someone who can code in whatever language mm2 uses, it can be modified to have what we want.

Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  6:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There has to be a Wayne Lifestar FE on their.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  06:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
heh, not a hard bus to model if someone can get textures for it. (straight-on front, side, and rear photos are needed for it).

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  09:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

I agree with ya on that BusMan06, just because pc is my only surce of playing games, and my freinds sure as hell dont' want to play school bus games lol. I know one thing, if this simulater does take flight, there's deffently gona be a Thomas/Ford in it for us Ford fans

Yup

http://buses.thesummit.biz/midtown1.htm

Been working on it for Midtown Madness 2 for quite a while.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  5:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very nice Mike! I like the paint schemes you gave your model.

Go to Top of Page

Mitchell
Top Member

Canada
741 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  1:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Mitchell a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
those buses are neat
Go to Top of Page

pillsbury09

2 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  6:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Send pillsbury09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello I really like ot ride the bus, and I like trains and cars, but its hard to find a good simulator for buses!!!!!!!
This post really caught my eye on a google search.....I have midtown maddeness, but thats just "racing"..

Is there anything else...DOES NOT have to be SCHOOL bus related just "BUS"

THANKS,
ANTON[
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  7:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not sure if you guys all know this, but all the buses I have on my website are models and could possibly converted for MM2.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  7:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my God, Jared.......................................... that would be fricken AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How I would love to drive your fine creations!

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  05:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

not sure if you guys all know this, but all the buses I have on my website are models and could possibly converted for MM2.

Didn't I ask you about this two years ago?

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That would be awesome, you do great work! MM2 could use some new good school buses.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i've been thinking about that for a long time..i wonder about what the framerate would be, though, because jared's models don't look exactly low poly. I have NO friggin idea how to get one ingame, though, but I'm sure that you could get some very willing help at MM2C.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, too bad MM2C's having a few problems....

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  7:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I did request that the Thomas C2 conventional be made for MM2.

I'm not sure if my request got fill but i just have to see.

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  12:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Working on the C2 now.

Go to Top of Page

pillsbury09

2 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Send pillsbury09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
C2??
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  5:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you dont know what the C2 is... www.c2thefuture.com

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  11:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The "C2" is Thomas' new Conventional Engine bus. Saf-T-Liner C2.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

oldjoeclark

3 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2003 :  9:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone e-mail some companys about making a bus simulator???
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  10:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have emailed ValuSoft the creators of the Hard Truck series, but they don't reply.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2003 :  3:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well we all need to email A company at one time - one this way it pi-ss-es them off, second, it'd be better if all did it as a group. This way they get the idea we want some thing.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000