Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  12:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told you all I'd tell you what I thought of it, but I've been rendered unable to properly communicate due to sensory overload, and a euphoric state only previously encountered by angels in Heaven!
To say that I've been impressed is like saying that the second coming would be a mildly eventful day. In fact, Saddam Hussein has never experienced such shock and awe as I did this past weekend. Folks, you ain't seen nothing yet! Nuff said!

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  4:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thats pretty intense. Anything like me witnessing Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell re-uniting for a Temple of the Dog reunion last night in Santa Barbara?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  4:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see this new bus!
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
November 11 can't come soon enough!
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  06:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jared,
As, I've said before, your designs of buses, to quote JB, dude, they're kick a$$. But the C2 will blow you away. Literally, you'll fly across the room first time you see it. It is almost unbelievable that they have pulled it off. I almost felt like you do when you see a new prototype car or concept car of the future and you say, yeah it rules, but they'll never make it. But they HAVE made it. Boy have they made it.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  07:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ThomasBuiltB24U, you are making me so anxious for this bus. I honestly get way more excited for new bus products especially because its rare that you see new design in this industry often. This NAPT should be rediculously intense with these new products. This is gonna sound odd, so bare with me, but when I design buses, I hold back a lot, and I do so in hoping that the actual bus manufacturer takes the real product further than I have. One quick question for ya; The profile illustration on Thomas's website shows a real rake to the windsheild, is this really how the profile will look on the real bus?

Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could tell you, but then YOU'D have to kill ME! I mean we're talking 007 type stuff. When I got to see it, I wanted to take a picture to show my wife, but forget it pal. Of course the temptation to share is often too much for some. When you have something special, you want to share it with the world. And the C2....very special. I'll tell you that it will knock the industry on its ear, so imagine what it will do for the bus enthusiast! You are obviously a fan of bus design, so I know you'll be happy. Take your existing C2 concepts and knowledge of buses today; push them into about the 24th century, and there you have it!
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  03:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBluebird83

November 11 can't come soon enough!

I was thinking November 10th, but that's because I turn 24 on that day. LOL.

I can't wait to see this new Saf-T-Liner C2.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only wish I could be at the NAPT show to see everyone's faces when they reveal it. That'd be worth a million right there!
Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2003 :  05:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess that ThomasBuiltB24U isn't telling you guys much. Wish I could tell you more but I am sworn to secrecy as well. Let me just show you what it was like when I first saw it.

Before unveiling =

As the curtain dropped =

After about 30 seconds of viewing pleasure =

After realizing that I worked for the company that is producing this awe inspiring machine =

Don't worry, NAPT is right around the corner.
Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  07:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
c'mon. The C2 is coming out in 7 days and this topic is on the second page? This topic is going right back to the top where it belongs.

Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  07:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
And now it's flaming !!!!
Go to Top of Page

exCYter
Advanced Member

233 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  07:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've gotten exactly zero details from anybody thats claimed to see it. There's not much more that can be said until we either a.) get some more info on it, other than "its going to be awesome" or b.) see it after the 11th.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  08:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm going to the NAPT conf. and now I can't waite until the trade show starts!

Your Child's Safety is Our Business
Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  10:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I can tell you two things about it
1) it's going to be awesome
2) we'll see it after the 11th

Just kidding man. Sorry but my lips are sealed . I did see it about 2 weeks ago, but if you've seen any of the teaser ads, you know that secrecy is the key element. Therefore you aren't going to hear a lot. I just simply want to keep the buzz going. I wish I could tell you more .
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  12:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why Thomas is so tight lipped, no one is going to copy the bus anyway, it's too late.

Go to Top of Page

sesalesman

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I think they have spent a lot of money keeping it mysterious, with the "It's Coming..." ad campaign. They want to make the BIG splash at the NAPT, not on schoolbusfleet.com (no offense to schoolbusfleet.com). I think you're right that nobody would try to copy it. Although if it does what Thomas says it is supposed to do, then we will see plenty of copy cats in the years to come.
Go to Top of Page

C2thefuture

6 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stay tuned gang. TBB has a little treat in store for SBF's forum surfers that aren't going tp NAPT. Check here after 4:00pm EST on 11-11-03.

Over and out.

Lurkin' and lovin' it!
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  6:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you kidding me? "Many wives" in your profile... sheesh. You should be red tagged, I don't trust members with trashy profiles.

Go to Top of Page

C2thefuture

6 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  7:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On November 11, you'll know that I can be trusted.

BTW, faithfully married for 15 years to the same gal...two kids.

Lurkin' and lovin' it!
Go to Top of Page

DTC951

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send DTC951 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You guys make this out to be a new car revealing. If I had pictures I'd gladly post them. This new Thomas has one BIG negative going for it, No International!!! Lots of contractors by me are staying with International. In fact in most of the pictures I see Thomas IHC's, Then new IC CE's. I don't understand why Thomas won't build on International. They want to make a few more thousand on each bus because their parent company also owns Freightliner and they can get them cheeper, thats the only reason I see. Have you ever seen a bus shake as much as a Freightliner??? No International would shake like the Freightliner I was in. I don't know about this new bus...

-BJ

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  08:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DTC951

You guys make this out to be a new car revealing. If I had pictures I'd gladly post them. This new Thomas has one BIG negative going for it, No International!!! Lots of contractors by me are staying with International. In fact in most of the pictures I see Thomas IHC's, Then new IC CE's. I don't understand why Thomas won't build on International. They want to make a few more thousand on each bus because their parent company also owns Freightliner and they can get them cheeper, thats the only reason I see. Have you ever seen a bus shake as much as a Freightliner??? No International would shake like the Freightliner I was in. I don't know about this new bus...

-BJ

Since Freightliner bought out Thomas they will only build on a Freightliner chassis. It is a shame that there will no longer be a Thomas International as its always been one of my favorites, but I guess we just have to accept that fact.
I've never been on a Freightliner bus, but the looks are really growing on me and I'm really looking forward to the new C2 conventional.
Let's hope at the very least that Blue Bird gets the new International 3300 chassis for us die hard International fans.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  12:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by R. Solano

Are you kidding me? "Many wives" in your profile... sheesh. You should be red tagged, I don't trust members with trashy profiles.

For goodness sake, Richard. Obviously Thomas knows that SBF's forums are a good place to get to the word out about their new products. I see no reason to suspect the person, he was only being humorous in his profile. It's an excellent strategy on Thomas's part, in my opinion, to show the bus to those who value the excitement most.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We sure have a ton of lurkin manufacturers on these forums, Blue Bird sent me an e-mail checking on one of their buses that was involved in a crash.

From the fools that we have had in the past on these forums, seeing something stupid like "many wives" makes my mind click right away. I don't feel like reading through more crap posts.

Hopefully this forum member is real, we shall see.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  7:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As much as I am a fan of the International/IC products, I absolutely cannot wait to see the unveiling of the new C2. I kind of know what to expect from IC, since many of us have seen pictures of that bus. This new C2 from Thomas will be something out-of-this world, just like when the current Saf-T-Liner HDX was introduced almost a few years back. It was like nothing we had seen before.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2003 :  01:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I too can't wait to see the new C2 from Thomas. I hope it's as good as everyone thinks. I wonder if it will give the same reaction as the Saf-T-Liner HDX.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Built Buses

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Thomas Built. You might be surprised to find out a number of members of our management and engineering teams have been lurking on your forum for some time. We really do listen to what you say -- even the not so great stuff. We were all pretty excited about your response to the teaser images of the Saf-T-Liner C2, including blowing it up to get a better look.

We know not everyone is lucky enough to get to attend the NAPT Show in Salt Lake, where the C2 was unveiled moments ago, and we wanted to make sure that the SBF Forum members were among the first to see our awesome new bus. Enjoy, and thank you for your support and interest.

Visit http://www.c2thefuture.com/ to find out more.
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas Built,
Thanks for sharing! And...WOW!!!! I am speechless, can't wait to see more!!
Ted
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Um,,,Jaw on floor.

I will respond later when I have collected myself. Way to Go Thomas!

Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AM SO SHOCKED RIGHT NOW.... I think it's a really intresting bus it's totally different than anything we have right now in the industry. I am pretty impressed with it right now still in shock so I don't know my ture thoughts on it. Good Job Thomas

IC-The Golden Shield of School Transportation
Go to Top of Page

BlueBirdDriver
Advanced Member

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBirdDriver's Homepage  Send BlueBirdDriver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still in shock also. I just keep staring at it. I do have to say I'm very impressed. Way to go Thomas !
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  1:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting the pictures and the website. The only thing I have to say is this new bus is radically different than what we have ever seen before. Other than that, I don't know what I think about it at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what to say either, but I will say this: I don't think any of us expected anything quite like that! Nice pics on the website!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  2:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gaw duh suh, gaw ( continues yammering)!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME! Words cannot describe how impressed I am right now!! Some one slap me, no wait if this is a dream I want to live every moment of it! Superior job Thomas Built Buses Inc.!!!!!!!! I need to compose myself!!!
Greg Hovan
Go to Top of Page

C2thefuture

6 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  3:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Told ya you could trust me! Thanks for the kind comments. Glad you guys like what you've seen!

Lurkin' and lovin' it!
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  3:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said Jared and others.....you hadn't seen nothing yet! I'm sure proud to be representing this new bus that I can't hardly contain myself!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000