Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

IHAVEABRAIN

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  2:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the NAPT show and all I can say is that even the International and Blue Bird engineers/sales personnel were impressed. The majority of them said that it was incredible and that it would improve the market whether everyone else wanted to admit it or not. I have never seen anything in the industry make such a positive impression and I'm glad that I was present to see this.
Go to Top of Page

whsbus10

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  03:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit whsbus10's Homepage  Send whsbus10 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but I still say the Vision is a better looking bus than the new C2. And the new IC absolutely beats both the new Vision and the C2. I really feel that school districts are going to have a rough time accepting this bus. We still have schools that won't buy tinted windows and white roofs because the school board members feel it is to fancy for a school bus. What are they going to think about the C2?
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  06:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm sorry but I still say the Vision is a better looking bus than the new C2. And the new IC absolutely beats both the new Vision and the C2. I really feel that school districts are going to have a rough time accepting this bus.

I completely agree with you.
Go to Top of Page

IHAVEABRAIN

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know you could be right. I know that all of the clapping and applause from the crowd at the Thomas reveal was nothing compared to the complete and utter silence when IC revealed their new bus. Oh I know they were speechless. I know that everyone in attendance from my shop said what changed and went back to the Thomas booth to stand in line.
Go to Top of Page

exCYter
Advanced Member

233 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:23:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IHAVEABRAIN

You know you could be right. I know that all of the clapping and applause from the crowd at the Thomas reveal was nothing compared to the complete and utter silence when IC revealed their new bus. Oh I know they were speechless. I know that everyone in attendance from my shop said what changed and went back to the Thomas booth to stand in line.

Sounds like somebody has got a rather bad case of denial! The C2 has a face only a mother could love, but surprise, I have a feeling you're one of the mothers!!
Go to Top of Page

IHAVEABRAIN

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
exhater. You undoubtly have a problem with the facts. I'll make it easy. Here we go and try to read this slowly.

#1) I have stated nothing but the facts.
#2) If you were there you would in fact know that the response of the crowd to the unveiling of the new C2 was without a doubt one biggest things to hit the bus industry in years if not the biggest ever.
#3) I have not in any bashed IC or Blue Bird in any way. They are good products in their own ways. They are just dated.
#4) You have done nothing but berate the C2 and have not sold anything positive on "YOUR" CE.
#5) I am an engineer and I believe in stating facts, this is not a figure skating event it's a track meet and first one to the line wins. You can't believe in your heart of hearts that IC is a better product, and time will tell the story.
#6) You can't lie about market share.
#7) You can't lie about the storied history of IC bus, as it doesn't exist. The sold chassis only up until a couple of years ago and bought the great manufacturer WARD. What success and history.
#8) I think it's very poor to lie and expect people to just accept it, because you think they don't care enough to respond.
#9) IHAVEABRAIN and will use 1% or more of it if you should come up with anything of intelligence that isn't a lie.
#10) Congratulations to Blue Bird and their fans for being a class act.
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  7:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know how this bus is going to conform with the 3 inches of black that's required on all Ohio buses. Blue Bird finally had to conform in 2000; I wonder what Thomas is going to have to do with this bus.

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

Carpenter Bus_19
Advanced Member

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carpenter  Bus_19's Homepage  Send Carpenter  Bus_19 an AOL message  Send Carpenter  Bus_19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Carpenter rub rails to me (Pre 95)

Wayne A cut above the rest.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2003 :  08:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superior83

I'd like to know how this bus is going to conform with the 3 inches of black that's required on all Ohio buses. Blue Bird finally had to conform in 2000; I wonder what Thomas is going to have to do with this bus.

I was wondering about this myself since Michigan requires it, too. I'm not too worried, though. Obviously nothing can be done below the lights but Thomas can probably apply a similar pattern of paint around the lights as they do now. It'll just have to wrap up and around the roof cap like it did on older buses. No harm there.

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was at the NAPT show and all I can say is that even the International and Blue Bird engineers/sales personnel were impressed. The majority of them said that it was incredible and that it would improve the market whether everyone else wanted to admit it or not. I have never seen anything in the industry make such a positive impression and I'm glad that I was present to see this.

I was also at the NAPT in Salt Lake and the Blue Bird personnel including engineers and sales personnel were not impressed with the C2. On the contrary, I had a lengthy conversation with Jay Mcduffy, Jay is the Sales School leader for Blue Bird, and he did not express a positive impression in the least.

Were you on the design team for the C2?
Go to Top of Page

Isellbuses
Top Member

Canada
828 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  1:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was at the IC launch at Salt Lake and there was a great deal of excitement and applause. I think it was the first time I can remember a convention where two products were launched at the same show. As I recall the Thomas reps clapped for the C2 and the IC reps clapped for the CE. I don't recall an applause metre being present.
Go to Top of Page

sbfreader

153 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  1:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was also at the NAPT in Salt Lake and the Blue Bird personnel including engineers and sales personnel were not impressed with the C2. On the contrary, I had a lengthy conversation with Jay Mcduffy, Jay is the Sales School leader for Blue Bird, and he did not express a positive impression in the least.

What'd you expect him to say? "Oh my god!!! We're in deep trouble!!I'm out of a job in 6 months!!!"

I'm sure most competitors whether they are IC, Blue Bird, or Thomas will play it pretty close to the vest with regards to what they think about the competition.

Is Sales School Leader a job title? Just curious.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Excuse me for laughing at your post Isellbuses, but maybe the Blue Bird reps were in shock because they may actually have to do something with their 1970 model buses.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  08:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas reps in Ohio: I'm STILL curious as to how this bus got by Ohio's specs without having 3 inches of black around the warning lights.

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  10:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan,
The 3 inches as currently on the FS-65 wraps around the top of the bulkhead to achieve the full 3 inches. The measurement is not 3" vertically. The three inches below goes down to the windshield on an FS-65. The C2 has less of a space between the bulkhead (if you can still call it a bulkhead) and the windshield. There would just have to be black between the lights and the windshield. Although there may be some debate as to the merits of the "black eyes" in the first place. Sealed beam headlights and old style bulbs are a thing of the past, and maybe so should be the 3" black paint.
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2003 :  9:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you that the black paint thing should go. I mean, the Blue Bird buses had less than that around the lights and they were still fairly easy to see (at least in my opinion). I guess we'll see when they're out in full production what stupid ideas the state comes up with. Thank you for answering my question

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000