New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stevebus42
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2003 :  11:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the things that made my day were all the parents that came out to the bus to thank me for being their child driver. Then you had Kids that came up as they were getting off the bus and telling you that they would see you in August and to have a nice summer.

It tells me I am in the right profession.

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2003 :  2:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is very rewarding when the parents thank you for driving their children to school each day and will see you in the fall, the kids who say they are ready for summer vacation but really you know they will be ready to come back within a few weeks. A lot of the parents give me gifts at christmas but occasionally you get some end of the year gifts as well.

I drive the same route every year so I get to watch them go from Kindergarten until they no longer ride the bus usually around 11th grade. I think that's what will make it the hardest after I retire, I drive the same route every year.

The Thomas M2 Conventional- Coming to a bus yard near you in 2004!
Go to Top of Page

Rockstar97

147 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  08:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One morning last week a mother sent along a note with her child. It just asked how I was and thanked me for knowing every child's name, greeting them with a smile, and ensuring that every child felt special and got to and from school safely every day. "Just wanted to thank you for going the extra mile," it read. I've never spoken to the woman before, but she often waves from her porch. It made my day...my week...my month. You only ever hear complaints, so this was quite refreshing. Made me realize that we're more than drivers...we're caregivers and friends.

Remember to say hi and smile, even if you don't feel like smiling. Out of all your kids, you may make someone's day a little better. To be in this position - what a privilege.

Go to Top of Page

unimog

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  07:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see unimog's MSN Messenger address  Send unimog a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last day of school = Water fights = Cleaner School bus = cooled down kids = What i will do to keep discipline next year??? (I am new in this bussines)

"... need bars on bus windows.." "...don't feed the students..."
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the last day of school, I received a plaque from the parents at one of my larger elementary stops. The plaque was purchased form a store called "Things Remembered" and it was engraved:

"Thank you for ensuring the safety of our children. It takes a special person to do what you do everyday."

I get small gifts and baked goodies alot, but to me, this is truly special. Things like this show that we really are appreciated.

Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000