Enter Forum: Management/Operations
 Special Needs Trans Superv Online Training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr. Ray Turner

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  7:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Ray Turner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am prepared to offer to any colleague who wishes online training to enhance their supervisory skills and information base in special needs transportation. The lessons (72 of them in PowerPoint and Newsletter format as well as two nationally-recognized texts are the basis of this course of study.
Cost: $1500 with all materials included.
Estimated time to complete: 1 Year or 150 Hours Minumum
Online course requirements: Presently in a special needs transportation position either as a special needs driver or monitor or as a supervisor. The training will prepare you for all three positions in order to be a valid special needs transportation supervisor.
Certification: None available as yet but I am seeking endorsement of the training course through the NAPT Special Needs Committee.
If there are any who want to learn best practice and be mentored by me I am ready to assist for fee.
Dr. Ray Turner
White Buffalo Press
www.whitebuffalopress.com
drturner@earthlink.net

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  8:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those of you that might not know Dr. Turner, I have found his advice and website one of the best, if not the best, for those wanting genuine insight into this field.

I seldom can find disagreement with what he says. This does not mean I agree with everything, but that his expertise checks out repeatedly.

The name of the website is somewhat confusing to me, but people choose names for things, sometimes for reasons only they know.

I'm uncertain what the reasoning might be to set requirements as strict as Turner has in order to participate in his course. But here again, people make decisions that are theirs to make.

I'm not aware of Turner's business skills, but have no doubt the career minded in SPEC-ED would receive the best training in this field from him.

The price seems high, only because getting into bus driving is so often paid by the employer. Private bus driving school easily could run 3,000-5,000 and higher to get a license and certified.

Regardless, I would hope, Dr. Turner, you have some sort of pay-as-you-go offer that could meet the meeds of low-paid bus drivers and trainers. (jk)

Edited by - jk on 05/15/2003 8:35:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  06:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dr. Turner,

I am taking classes with NAPT and our local special needs teacher for our state Cheryl Wolf. She teaches many of the schools in the state of IN on transporting children with speed needs. The only thing that I might be interested in is the law that pertains in this area.

Kevin Neafie

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Ray Turner

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  3:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dr. Ray Turner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am prepared to offer to any colleague who wishes online training to enhance their supervisory skills and information base in special needs transportation. The lessons (72 of them in PowerPoint and Newsletter format as well as two nationally-recognized texts are the basis of this course of study.
Cost: $1500 with all materials included.
Estimated time to complete: 1 Year or 150 Hours Minumum
Online course requirements: Presently in a special needs transportation position either as a special needs driver or monitor or as a supervisor. The training will prepare you for all three positions in order to be a valid special needs transportation supervisor.
Certification: None available as yet but I am seeking endorsement of the training course through the NAPT Special Needs Committee.
If there are any who want to learn best practice and be mentored by me I am ready to assist for fee. Fees can be spread out over a year or more as you progress through the study. This is a hands-on, try it and see if it works approach. It is on the job training with an expert to back up your efforts to attain and maintain best practice in special needs transportation. You aquire over time a complete inservice training package and two texts for your school district or agency while your are being mentored by me. Your pace of study and work is up to you. I have completed both NAPT Special Needs 800 and 801 courses. They are excellent. But they represent less than 5% of my inservice training materials. Take NAPT's 800 and 801 courses first please, then come see me.
Dr. Ray Turner
White Buffalo Press
www.whitebuffalopress.com
drturner@earthlink.net

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dr. Turner, I received your email the other day. I have email many people in my area to contact you about getting more info on your training course.

Edited by - BusBoy on 06/11/2003 7:49:05 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000