Page: of 2

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wwinters

Bluebird cut the rpm back which made a HP rating change.

Wanting to increase engine life, you think?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  11:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think more likely to do with emissions or fuel economy

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

wwinters

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  03:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was due to hard shifts at the higher RPM's it was causing a over rive code. I have been trying to get the transmissions reprogramed to help the 2015-2017 buses
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  05:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It was due to hard shifts at the higher RPM's it was causing a over rive code. I have been trying to get the transmissions reprogramed to help the 2015-2017 buses

Interesting. What's your terrain look like there?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

wwinters

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  05:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mix of hills, we also notice the down shift on parkway, When we first got the Bluebirds I noticed the OD wanted to kick in about 55mph which is where most the buses run on our 2 lane roads so they constantly shift back and forth. I had ask about reprogramming the transmission and was originally told we could not. Since that time they do have an update program. I really like the Allison on the Thomas propane buses they are a lot smoother.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  06:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They said in one of our training sessions they reduced max rpm for emissions and mileage on the v10's, it was either a BB or ford-rousch rep.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  08:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mix of hills, we also notice the down shift on parkway, When we first got the Bluebirds I noticed the OD wanted to kick in about 55mph which is where most the buses run on our 2 lane roads so they constantly shift back and forth. I had ask about reprogramming the transmission and was originally told we could not. Since that time they do have an update program. I really like the Allison on the Thomas propane buses they are a lot smoother.

The propane Visions that I have driven sometimes downshift and give me the sensation that they popped out of gear into neutral, the engine revs but no discernible acceleration. The IC propanes on the other hand are the king of rarely downshifting, and even if they do, you never see over 2600 rpm.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  09:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastback

quote:

Yeah, they have been advertising that their engine they use acts like a diesel when it comes to torque and RPMs.

The propane Visions that I have driven sometimes downshift and give me the sensation that they popped out of gear into neutral, the engine revs but no discernible acceleration. The IC propanes on the other hand are the king of rarely downshifting, and even if they do, you never see over 2600 rpm.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000