Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blinkers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HolidayBus

12 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  10:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit HolidayBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I have a 2001 Thomas Freight liner. I just replaced both headlights on my bus and they still do not work. The switch still turns on the dash lights so i do not believe that is my problem.

On the same bus when i turn on my turn signal or 4 ways it does not turn the correct lights on instead it makes my tail lights and clearance lights blink. I have looked at my fuses, replaced my flasher, and also replaced the whole turn signal itself.

When i called tech support they told me they've had the same problem and did exactly what i did and that fixed it. Any ideas???

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  11:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sound like it could have a ground issue, as far as clip lights and tail lights blinking when 4 ways or turn signals are on.... the headlights IDK,the only thomas body I ever had here around 2001 was a IH chassis... the Bluebirds and that bus were notorious for the headlight switch melting the wire connector on switch and would cause lights to work only on daytime running lamp mode... I always new when a driver came in and said my High beams won't work that the switch had melted...

Edited by - slippert on 03/12/2018 11:55:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  12:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I would check the grounds on all the lights, starting with the headlights.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

HolidayBus

12 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  2:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit HolidayBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There ended up being a main wire to the battery that controlled all of the lights that was getting a pretty poor connection. Changed that and checked my other ground connections and it works! Thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000