Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT 530 issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2017 :  7:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a DT 530 its in a 99 Int roll back. I need some advise. We popped an injector about a year ago. We pulled the motor totally rebuilt it, ( also new turbo). Heads redone the whole works. Well since then we have the engine warning light come on. We have a squeal that sounds like a charged air leak, it only makes this noise when accelerating, let off, the no noise. We have not been able to find a leak, also replaced a injector and the valve cover because of a crack in valve cover when the injector let go. When the truck sets for a day or two,it starts very hard, you have to crank the crap out of it to get it started. Does anyone have any suggestions to remedy these problems? Also the gauges speedometer, tachometer etc. don't work most of the time, I suspect a connection problem there. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

td83

83 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit td83's Homepage  Reply with Quote
---Sounds like the squeal noise could be the manifold gasket sounds crazy but since the head was off makes me think even more that's what it is , I had a 466 do the same thing you would swear it was a boost leak though , try tightening the manifold bolts and see if it changes may need to be removed and checked ... I would check the fuel filter after a long sit make sure its not empty draining back down , for the long crank issue

Edited by - td83 on 06/19/2017 08:38:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do the 530s have the same formed rubber/plastic elbow at the top of the valve cover as the 466's did? Where the CAC line enters the intake. Those liked to split at the bottom under some plastic piece if memory serves.

This wouldn't help find the hard start issue, but maybe the noise issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000