Emergency Window Latch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2017 :  3:59:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a search on the site and found a thread on the emergency window latch jarring loose and allowing the buzzer to activate while driving down the road. The info says that there are newly designed latches that take care of the problem. I'm still fighting these things and today on a 2011 IC I put a brand new latch on a window trying to solve the problem but it buzzes easier than before. Anyone have a trick for this? TIA.

[URL=http://s107.photobucket.com/user/raytobe/media/bus/20170619_152239.jpg.html][/URL]

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  03:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bend the silver plate towards you a little to make the latch fit tighter.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They make a shim kit for these latches also
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem. Surprise, surprise!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  6:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK thanks for responses. I'll try the bend trick tomorrow and look into the shim kit. Bryan-- I'm not the only one in our shop to be having this problem. I've had one come back 5 times and I think she just finally gave up and put a piece of tape over it.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2017 :  7:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea those style latches suck. Our 96' BlueBirds have them and I've always bent them towards the inside. It seems to work for awhile. I got pissed one day and started banging on it with a hammer haha.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  05:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raytobe

OK thanks for responses. I'll try the bend trick tomorrow and look into the shim kit. Bryan-- I'm not the only one in our shop to be having this problem. I've had one come back 5 times and I think she just finally gave up and put a piece of tape over it.

Yeah, tape, not good! Wonder if a guy could just change to another style latch?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000