New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

International-9.0
Advanced Member

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2017 :  6:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What ever happened to ModMech? He used to post on here all the time and usually had some pretty good technical input. I wasn't really active on here for quite a few years so I wonder what happened to many of the people on here that used to post. My guess is that many retired, but I guess it's just a point of curiosity.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  05:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know about Mod but WolfOr left the school bus field. Not sure about any others. It would be nice if we had access to a better profile. Like years of experience and age and such. I know many may not want to share that information. I'm still hoping that SBF can improve the forum. They had talked about it several years ago but nothing came of it.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to be a lot more activity on Facebook.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  12:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with what Ron said.
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  2:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I'm still hoping that SBF can improve the forum. They had talked about it several years ago but nothing came of it.

We haven't seen much of the "Admin" either they used to just post whatever was on the home page. I agree its time for an update to the forms.

Formally ICBUS0730

Edited by - ICBUS07-30 on 02/09/2017 2:47:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  3:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's Nicole. I've talked to her before, they have a pretty small crew. I think we are getting along pretty good by ourselves here but I would like to see some improvements. The FB page you are talking about, is that SBF or what?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  03:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
School bus mechanics, School bus mechanics talk.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  08:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What could they do to improve it? What makes the forum is the people using it no? not the people hosting it?
Hope it doesn't move to FB, we are blocked from there, heaven forbid making it easy for us to get info :)
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  08:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, everybody,

This is Nicole, one of the School Bus Fleet editors. Just checking in and wanted to respond to your recent feedback here. The web department for School Bus Fleet and several other publications is still planning some changes. I wish I could provide more information at this point. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I have relayed feedback to the web department, and the department is working on it.

Meanwhile,here's an article on a recent Blue Bird product immersion tour stop that you may be interested in: http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/719902/blue-bird-brings-new-bus-showcase-to-california
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  09:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nicole! You have heard my thoughts but for torque and others here are some of my views. One major improvement I can see would be ease of posting pictures. It is a chore to post them now using photobucket or what-have-you. Being able to respond like, thumbsup or whatever to a post would be nice too. A profile picture would be a plus as well. I do like that there aren't a lot of advertisements here. If they pertain to our field, then I'm good but just random ads would be a turn off.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
^^^ Thumbs up.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  12:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes picture posting would be nice, I'm blocked from photo bucket and others like that :(
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  1:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

Thanks Nicole! You have heard my thoughts but for torque and others here are some of my views. One major improvement I can see would be ease of posting pictures. It is a chore to post them now using photobucket or what-have-you. Being able to respond like, thumbsup or whatever to a post would be nice too. A profile picture would be a plus as well. I do like that there aren't a lot of advertisements here. If they pertain to our field, then I'm good but just random ads would be a turn off.

I agree. And Thank you Nicole for the response!You too Bryan.

Formally ICBUS0730
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2017 :  2:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I am not saying the site is bad by any means I love The Redesign of the site it is very nice. I know they are very busy with every thing else going on. It is a wonderful place to come to learn what is going on in the industry And discuss problems others are having and how they are resolving them.

Formally ICBUS0730
Go to Top of Page

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought that ModMech went to work for Navistar.

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2017 :  05:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the facebook site, but I did't notice any mechanics forum type activity. Am I missing something??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000