Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC horn issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

steveinil

20 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  07:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit steveinil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HI all i have a 2015 IC bus and the horn will work 3-4 times then stop wait 5 minutes then works same again then stops wait and works again over and over... replaced the horns no help steering wheel switch no help. is there a relay? i didn't see on listed?
thanks

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  11:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any body codes? Specifically 520981 which is the BCM seeing a conflicting signal from the ignition switch? I know that sounds weird but it led us to the fix!

Disconnect all plugs from BMC (behind right front dash panel), just for fun verify all wires and terminals seated fully in the plug, reassemble.

One of mine was doing some random weird stuff including temporary no-horn condition...this resolved it. The dealer thinks something wasn't making good contact in a plug.
Go to Top of Page

steveinil

20 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2016 :  12:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit steveinil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok cool Ill check that out thanks.... no body codes no. but ill check the BCM connections.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  05:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully that does it...always nice when an easy fix works!
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a circuit breaker tripping and then resetting. I'd check those first.
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  08:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a pair of sister busses (CE 300,2015's) and one has no horn and the other the horn honks once then doesn't work again till later in the route?

In my 20 plus years I don't think I have changed a horn, now I have two busses that likely need new horns. Rash of bad horns at production maybe??

Or might the Child Minder be acting up? Can't believe I need software to check for body codes for a horn not working...........

Thanks all!!!
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very good possibility on a IC there is a plug somewhere not seated properly....see that alot on my new buses after getting a few miles on them... beating down a few rough roads..
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  09:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CISDbusman

In my 20 plus years I don't think I have changed a horn, now I have two busses that likely need new horns. Rash of bad horns at production maybe??

Really? We change 5-10 a year (fleet of 31)...of course having either high or low note not working is an out of service violation here.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the horns that are pointed at the sky so they fill up with water.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2018 :  12:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CISDbusman, if you press the cruise on switch and the resume/accel switch at the same time, it will bring up codes on the dash screen and then you can just login to OnCommand to see what the codes are.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000