New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just installed a new DPF and i am trying to reset the computer using insite when i turn key on the stop light is on and alarms are going off i took the DPF of cause i had codes saying it was clogged itook off and sent it to dealer to get it cleaned they told me it was no good and need to be replaced so i got a new one put it on i went into insite ti reset the computer but on the page that resets it the reset tab is not lite up and i cant click on it and i cannot clear the codes out anyone have any ideas

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  10:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dsalinas,
you cant clear the codes that way. now that you've thoroughly investigated your issues and have installed a new DPF, you need to reset the aftertreatment history. after that you will be able to clear the codes.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  12:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i went into the history and hit reset the then i went to aftertreatment maintence and reset that and still cant clear codes and the reset tab for the filter is still not lite or i cant click on it
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i dont know what to tell you. youve got insite, youve got the internet so i assume youve got access to quickserve, and a bus thats still broken. youve also got a cummins dealer it looks like. maybe they can help you. unfortunately it seems that i cant.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  06:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its been a while but the last one I did we needed to do a forced regen first then it would reset. What I ended up doing was follow the code flow chart and at the end it will tell you what is required for a particular code to be reset whether its a test drive, regen etc. . Below is what I posted on another site after I got it reset, I had help from some other techs at the time. We got it out this morning, the insite worked. When I went
to reset as if a new filter [they were cleaned ] it would
not let me because of the active code. When I went to the
code in insite it said to run a forced regen, after about 40
minutes the regen monitor said normal and the code went to a
inactive code. I shut truck down and cleared code [it would
allow me to clear it at that point].Seems good know.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2015 :  4:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read the flow chart and I had tried to force regen and it would not do it I tried a few times and it would not regen so I decided to just send it to dealer on the way to dealer all lights went out it came out of derate and I was able to reset the filter life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000