New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  12:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am starting an inframe rebuild today on a 2002 dt466 this is my first one was just wondering if there was anything i should look out or be concerned with ?????????

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  1:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure now necessary it really was, but I was taught to mark the rods and caps and make sure they went back to their original cylinder.

If it had coolant getting in the oil, I'd pay extra close attention that the crank isn't all scored up.
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  3:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Not sure now necessary it really was, but I was taught to mark the rods and caps and make sure they went back to their original cylinder.

If it had coolant getting in the oil, I'd pay extra close attention that the crank isn't all scored up.

especially #3 in particular! check clearance between rod cap and edge of crank journal, minimum of .003 max .007. don't ask how we know
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  4:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it had a sleeve seal failure lots of antifreeze in oil will check the cap clearance is number three the only one that has a problem
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  4:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

it had a sleeve seal failure lots of antifreeze in oil will check the cap clearance is number three the only one that has a problem

no sir #3 isnt the only cylinder, just seems that our #3 is the most common failure for some reason
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  07:09:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i finally got my infram rebuild done everything worked out well but when the bus is running and i give it throttle it ***** closed the inlet hose going into top of valve cover would this mean there is a clogged intercooler????
Go to Top of Page

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  10:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most likely.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2014 :  5:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can follow step by step instructions in the engine service manual available at On Command information system.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000